1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Need help finding plow mount for 88 chevy

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by malone, Feb 23, 2007.

1. malone

malone Junior Member
    from mass

I just got a western uni mount plow for my 88 Chevy 2500, plow came off 99 ford e 350, dealer tells me $ 1100 for cradle to mount plow to truck, thats crazy. Any help on swap of cradles or possible info on adapting ford to Chevy or maybe aftermarket mount. Thanks

2. Daddy Wags

Daddy Wags Member

I'd look on e-bay. I just bought a new undermount for a Meyer for around $400 and bought a new lift frame from Carnegie Body (Cleveland,OH) for $350. I hope this helps.

3. Nascar24

Nascar24 Senior Member

Check with Storks in PA or try Main Street Auto up in ST. Johnsbury, VT ask for Ray, he's been very helpful getting used mounts for me.

Jay

4. malone

malone Junior Member
    from mass

thanks for the info i'll try those places.

thanks for these places, i'll find there numbers and call them.

5. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

Search snow plow parts on the net. There are places with truck side mounts that are brand new fairly cheap.Try light truck junk yards soon. Now is the season that dead plow trucks hit the yards. They will flame wrench it off for you and even throw in harness too.Then you just have to buy some grade 8 bolts to attach it to the truck. Ask away we can help you make it work.
    Lights are cheaper if you use the web to find them. Keep your eyes open, deals are everywhere at this time of year.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2007
  6. vehicle service

vehicle service Junior Member

might have your mount

took a unimount off a 94 tahoe,, will that fit,, been in garage a few years , I will have to see if it has a part number on it.. AL

7. StorksAuto

StorksAuto Senior Member

I have one here for $450 in very good condition
    610-488-1450

8. jkiser96

jkiser96 Senior Member

Maybe

I have a buddy that may have one. We are in Indiana, where are you at? I willl check tomorrow & see.

9. malone

malone Junior Member
    from mass

Responding to questions.

Hi thanks Storks i'll call you on your mount tomorrow, also for the guy who may have a friend with one i'm in ma at 01089 thanks to all who responded. I'm sending the frame and blade out to be sandblasted and power coated, looking forward to next year.

10. Ole Tower

Ole Tower Senior Member
    from MAINE

malone;376914--contact Me Off list & perhaps? I can Assit? YOU! OleTower@webtv.net