1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Need Help Finding/Picking a Plow

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by jitaly, Nov 11, 2009.

1. jitaly

jitaly Junior Member

Hey everyone, im new to the world of plowing and was curious on your feedback. I have a F350 i plan on plowing with but have no idea what kind/size of plow to get. I have mostly residential accounts, only a handful of commercial. What do you guys recommend for a beginner? Vee or Straight?

2. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

Plywood, cheap and easy to replace.

3. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

You might try a 8'6" straight blade first the move up to a vee. Otherwise a 9'2" would be a nice choice on your 1 ton. Depends on your budget and your justification which one to spend the coin on.

4. bltp203

bltp203 Senior Member

If your accounts can handle a 9.2 V then I would suggest making the purchase and never have to worry about upgrading.

5. MeeksCo

MeeksCo Senior Member

Western or Hinicker.
    Never Meyers.
    If most are residential, then stick with a straight and save money. Something wider then your wheel well. Hope you have wide drives to plow because a big 1 ton and a large blade will be tough for a beginner. Better have insurance.
    But if buying new, might as well fork up the extra dough and get a V. Can never go wrong with a V.

Last edited: Nov 11, 2009
  6. JR Snow Removal

JR Snow Removal Senior Member

For res. I would suggest a straight blade for the simple fact easy to use cheaper and you can get a back drag blade for it so when you have to pull snow away for garage doors and stuff just my .02 but if you go with a v make sure to get smart lock cylinders.

7. Duramax101

Duramax101 Junior Member

If its dual rear wheels you'll definitely want the 9'2 & smart lock cylinders.