1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Need help finding mini lightbar

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by Brando55, Jan 13, 2009.

1. Brando55

Brando55 Member

I have been searching the internet trying to find the best deal on a mini led lightbar. Does anyone have any reccomendations?

Brandon

2. murphyslaw

murphyslaw Senior Member

whats your budget?

3. Brando55

Brando55 Member

Hoping to find something for around 300 shipped

4. Kevin Kendrick

Kevin Kendrick Senior Member

Start by googling LED Mini Light Bars. There are tons to choose from.

Here is a couple. http://www.swps.com/11-1200.html

Sho-Me LED Permanent Mount Mini Light Bar 11.1200.A00 AMBER
    List: $427.86
    You Pay: $219.95Sho-Me LED Magnetic Mini Light Bar 11.1200.A08 AMBER
    List: $472.14
    You Pay: $244.95

5. My bowtie

My bowtie Senior Member

6. Pirsch

Pirsch Senior Member

Besides your budget you looking for a Halogen, Strobe, or LED? Galls.com has a great little bar that's a Halogen for about $70 plus shipping. It's a generic Whelen Responder II Halogen model.

7. tjctransport

tjctransport PlowSite.com Addict

8. RepoMan207

RepoMan207 PlowSite Fanatic
    from Maine

I bought my bar at Parr with ALL the trimmings. There selling a permanent mount like mine for $399....It won't have the work lights or alleys, but you can add things as you can afford them. There simple to put in with the amp outputs already installed on the power board. FYI, Mag Mounts do not come with the right board to add things to.

111.jpg

1112.jpg

If you go with this, depending on your mounting foundation, make sure to request "Stud Mount" or "Feet Mount" on check out. They come with feet style unless requested, see arrows on the photo for stud mount.

1113.jpg

Also, check out my Switch Panel forum if you need one.

111.jpg

1112.jpg

1113.jpg

9. RepoMan207

from Maine

opps. I didn't see "LED"

10. Indy

Indy Senior Member

\
    That is smoken Ryan..........awsome!!!:salute:

11. RepoMan207

from Maine

thank you sir.

12. camconcrete

camconcrete Senior Member

that is the kind of light bar I need to get, I had a sho me led bar last year, and i was the first one around my area to get it and now everyone has one and I need something different ..... and wicked looking. that and my led bar got snatched at a truck pull last fall.

13. RepoMan207

from Maine

The beauty of stud mounts is a simple tiny tack weld just under the nut, and its not going to grow legs without alot of effort. Now, i don't own a welder, so I paid $5 to have it done, and spent less then 10 minutes at the guys shop.

14. camconcrete

camconcrete Senior Member

heard that. This time im gonna put it on a headache rack, so it won't walk away. Now i just have to decide what mini edge to get and what headache rack to get

15. Brando55

Brando55 Member

thanks guys i checked out fleet safety and it looks pretty good. Anyone have the whelen responder? How do you find it?

16. My bowtie

My bowtie Senior Member

Just got mine hooked up last week...Had a few positive comments from plow guys in my area. Is very brite and looks better then the sho-me IMO. I got mine with a clear dome also.

17. andyman0291

andyman0291 Senior Member

i can get you a mini liberty for like 450 brand new

18. andyman0291

andyman0291 Senior Member

i can get you either a whelen mini edge for about 450 shipped, with work lights, and alleys. or a whelen mini liberty with corner led modules for 475 shipped. pm me with questions.

19. peterk800xc

peterk800xc Senior Member

Hello

Just saw your post and I am looking for a lightbar like the one you bought. Not sure though on the clear dome or the amber one. How bright is yours? Could you send me a pic or 2 of it? Thanks. Pete/ny

20. pbjunkie92

pbjunkie92 Member

www.speedtechlights.com

Bright and reliable...all of their mini-bars but 1 are in your price range.

Check them out