1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

need help finding magnetic mounts

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by BigJ, Oct 5, 2012.

1. BigJ

BigJ Junior Member
    from CO

I'm having a hard time finding universal magnets to mount some lights. All I need are some 3" round magnets with holes in the middle so I can attach the base of the light to the magnets. I need these magnets to be strong as well so I can drive with the lights on the truck without them falling off.
    Do you guys have any ideas...

2. econolinerick

econolinerick Junior Member

3. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Might spend the same on the magnets as you will the whole light. Are u really attached to the lights in question?

4. MarkEagleUSA

MarkEagleUSA Senior Member

5. Fourbycb

Fourbycb Senior Member

Just do a web search for Cup Magnets you can shop around there pretty cheap in general

6. Andrew010

Andrew010 Senior Member

7. plowguy43

plowguy43 PlowSite Fanatic

i got mine at tractor supply

8. JK-Plow

JK-Plow Senior Member

Priority1Emergency.com sells the magnets for light bars. They are based in Livonia, Michigan.

9. jhall22guitar

jhall22guitar PlowSite.com Addict

I would mount them, saved me. My mag mount flew off once, scared me!

10. Andrew010

Andrew010 Senior Member

What magnets (strength) were on the light bar? How fast were you going when it flew off?