1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

need help finding commercial plowing insurance in NJ thanks

Discussion in 'Business Fundamentals' started by UniqueTouch, Aug 21, 2016.

1. UniqueTouch

UniqueTouch Senior Member

hey guys i have been doing landscaping and snow plowing for a long time but always worked for someone else for the snow season. does anyone know how much it is for snow plowing insurance in nj so I can bid on commercial jobs and if so which companies everyone uses and what they pay. and if cost for one truck or several. thank you.

2. JustJeff

JustJeff 2000 Club Member

Sorry, I can't quote you a number. But NJ is about the most outrageous cost for insurance in the Country. Don't worry, someone else will chime in here and give you a number. There are even some insurance agents that are members in your area that will probably chime in here.

FredG likes this.
  3. MajorDave

MajorDave Senior Member

Pack your trash, mount up, and move West!

shawn_ likes this.
  4. Ben/Insurance

Ben/Insurance Sponsor

Unique touch, it's very early and we are still working on our snow removal GL policy. Circle back toward the start of October for more info. You can call me also to discuss 516-233-3515.
    Ben/Insurance

5. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

We have to wait until OCT?

how can we get work without proof of INS?
    with out knowing the coverage or cost of said INS

wait...until oct, it could snow before then.

this concerns me, the INS industry should be more on the ball.

shawn_ likes this.
  6. Ben/Insurance

Ben/Insurance Sponsor

Snofarmer, I should have clarified this. Our insurance programs have historically been available solely to NY, NJ, and PA contractors and the timing for the release of these products is usually ideal for these folks. You are correct in saying that for folks in MN, it would not be timely.
    Ben

7. Randall Ave

Randall Ave PlowSite.com Addict

Not busting here, when I was doing roads for the town, my bid had to be in about 2nd week in September. Had to have the policy in place with the town listed as an additional insured.

shawn_ likes this.
  8. CHPL

CHPL Member

Be prepared to pay more then you expect

9. Randall Ave

Randall Ave PlowSite.com Addict

Ya gotta love living here.