1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Need Help finding a second battery mount for a 97

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by sixty4, Mar 10, 2015.

1. sixty4

sixty4 Member
    from CT

Hi all, I have been all over the web and called a few dealers on this. I want to add a second battery to my 97 k1500. Looks like I need to remove the storage compartment and get a reinforcement bracket and tray. However these are not the easiest things to find. Does anyone have a source for these two items? Could be used for all I care. Thanks...

2. 1997chevy

1997chevy Member

All you need is the tray. Very easy to find if you have a junkyard near by. I might still have one in my garage, I'll have to look

3. sixty4

sixty4 Member
    from CT

Thumbs Up Are the trays the same for LH and RH? Just one would get flipped?

4. 1997chevy

1997chevy Member

No they are not sadly.

5. sixty4

sixty4 Member
    from CT

Found one!! Went into Napa today to look for a universal one. Guy next to me hears me talking about this and says "I have a wrecked 98 plow truck at the shop I own, pretty sure it has the dual battery set up in it". I followed him back we used a crow bar to open the hood and sure enough there it was. I asked him how much he said free. Didnt take me long to get it out. Thanks all....:drinkup:

6. mtstclair

mtstclair Member
    from indiana

LMC truck has them also if anyone else is looking