1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Need Help Finding A Plow!!! (GTA)

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by PPM, Dec 4, 2004.

1. PPM

PPM Junior Member

Hey everyone !!

First off Id like to thank everyone in advance for any help with this problem I have .
    Ive just purchased a 2000 GMC 2500, replacing a 1994 CHEV 3500 w/8' Western. I'm looking for a plow for this truck if anyone knows of a used one for sale PLEASE let me know, also Id be interested in some work to go along with this plow,I have a few contracts from previous years but now I have to pay off this truck :eek: I know Ive left things way to late , but I couldn't turn down the offer on the old truck and the deal on the new one I didn't think it would be this hard to find a good used plow!!
    Once again thanx too all who respond, Ill be checking back hourly.

2. RAZOR

RAZOR Senior Member

There is a plow with a for sale sign on it here in Richmond Hill. It is a ways back from the road and tell you the truth I'm not even sure what kind it is or what it came off of. I think it may be an Arctic. It might be fairly new unless they just gave it a quick coat of paint to cover the rust. It is at West Brook Farms(I think that is the name) It is on the south side of Major Mac between Bathurst and Dufferin. They sell pumpkins and have hayrides for the kids there. Like I said it back a ways from the road and I don't know what shape it is in but from a distance it look OK.
  3. crazymike

crazymike Senior Member
    from Toronto

there are several for sale in the trader mags.

Try both trucks and heavy equipment.

4. PPM

PPM Junior Member

Thanx again to those of you who could help , Ive looked in the trader and found only one, it's a western and it came off of a 2004 GMC, from what I understand Ill have to Buy a new (or used if I can find it) wiring harness and truck side of mounting hardware, and then try to sell off the 04 stuff. I was quoted anywhere from $1100 up to $2000.00 for these 2 things, thats on top of the price I pay for the actual plow. Is this right??
  5. h_riderca

h_riderca Member

Thats why sometimes it is almost just as expensive to buy used as it is to get a new setup. Can you take the 04 mounts and modify it to fit you truck?
  6. Raydon

Raydon Member

PPM, as stated above. I too was looking for a good used one and if you don't find an exact match as far as mounts and wiring go your better off buying new. I have an Arctic 8' Poly commercial and I have had Zero problems over the last two seasons. It's a quick link and easy to hook up. Also when mounted on my 03 extended cab GMC I lost no clearance. The mounts are level with the bottom of the frame, but I had to cut out a little of the air dam in the centre. With the strobe and the mini joystick it cost me 6,800 including tax. Good luck whatever you decide.