1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Need help fast

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by MatthewG, Jun 13, 2011.

1. MatthewG

MatthewG PlowSite.com Addict

Buying a 2010 8.5 SS V tomorrow, plow side only for $2500. Obviously it will mount up to my Fisher mounts, but I cant power it up or down as I understand wiring is different.

But will the lights work for the 1.5 hour night drive home?

I have a 2010 straight blade with 3 port module.

I plan on short chaining it, just need some lights

Any Help before I make this night drive:confused:

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

If you connect the 11 pin plugs together all lighting should work.

3. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

You could throw a little juice directly to the 12v motor solenoid to check motor/pump operation.

4. WilliamOak

WilliamOak PlowSite.com Addict

If you're just gonna short chain it you could leave it completely unplugged and just run the truck lights no?

5. MatthewG

Thanks guys I figured the 11 pin would work, looking forward to bringing home the V safely

6. DIRISHMAN

DIRISHMAN PlowSite Veteran

Good Luck wish I had the dough for that plow when you get it all squared away send some PICS

7. MatthewG

Got home at 1 am last night with no issues, the lights worked, obviously the plow didnt so I had to short chain it .

His truck broke down coming from VA, we were supposed to meet halfway inYork PA. I eneded up driving to where a tow truck driver hauled him, a Kmart parking lot to do the exchange in Frederick MD. He took off another $150 for my extra hour drive. Total $2,350 for the plow side plus $100 in fuel.

He used it twice on his driveway, no salt, no damage, just needs some of my polishing and its good as new, thank you craigslist

Looking for the wiring and handheld.....................

plow1.jpg

plow2.jpg

8. RacingZR

RacingZR Senior Member
    from Maine

Hell of a deal, nice!

9. BlizzardBeater

BlizzardBeater Senior Member
    from Maine

That was an incredible deal man. Nice looking set up.

10. DIRISHMAN

DIRISHMAN PlowSite Veteran

Way to go Matt !!!!!!!! Hell of a nice set up should treat ya real good this coming season.....