1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Need help fast with my MYERS plow...

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by Mow It All, Dec 19, 2008.

1. Mow It All

Mow It All Member

Hey guys welcome back winter.......I pulled the plow out today and NO GOOD. I hooked it all up and it wont work. I get a clicking from the motor selonoid (under the hood), I bypassed it and went direct......the motor runs but not to good. I can get the low up and down. If I try to go left or right it doesnt do anything. Please throw all your ideas out there no matter how small......Were supposed to get a few inches this weekend. Thanks for the help in advance........
  2. Sydenstricker Landscaping

Sydenstricker Landscaping PlowSite Veteran

Well first clean all of your connections at the pump and battery. Second was the solenoid bad??? If so, replace that first and foremost. When was the last time the fluid was changed?? Have you checked the fluid?? No left or right could be a bad b or c coil. To check them, have someone in the truck hit the button left first and check I beleive the c coil for magnetism with a screwdriver near the top of it, by the nut. No mag=bad coil. Then repeat for the b coil. Also check the filters in the pump located in the front and back of the unit. Hope that helps. And if that all checks out fine, then your motor is more than likely taking a dump on you
  3. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Clean all connections and service the pump.What unit is it?