1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Need Help fast...Snow is falling!

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by Tumas, Jan 17, 2010.

1. Tumas

Tumas Member
    from NFLD

Was using my blade last night... went to raise it up, once it hit the bumper stops, I let go of the button, but the motor continued to run, even after I took my finger off of the Fishstik... now, no matter what, if the motor is plugged in, without touching the stik, it runs continuesly.... Anyone know what i should check.. I have a few drive ways to do tonight and theres a foot of snow on the ground.... Any help would be appreicated

BTW its a straight MM1 blade

2. plowinginma

plowinginma Senior Member
    from MA

That would be a solenoid... You can replace it with any 4 pole solenoid that you have laying around for the night.. and if you are really screwed I live in grafton Ma.. I have one sitting right here ..

3. Tumas

Tumas Member
    from NFLD

The plowside soinold.... How do i know which one..

4. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Because there only is one, and its under the hood. Think motor relay.

5. plowinginma

from MA

Ummm it would be under neath the hood of the truck :)

6. Tumas

Tumas Member
    from NFLD

Sorry, I was thinking about the three on the plow side.

7. plowinginma

from MA

Good luck :)

8. dakotaskustoms

dakotaskustoms Senior Member

So did you get it fixed and working again?

9. Tumas

Tumas Member
    from NFLD

I was just out fooling with it.... I can now plug it in without the motor running continously, but it will not move in any direction.... Anyone have an idea on what this could be

10. cubicinches

cubicinches PlowSite.com Addict

I'm gonna say motor relay.... still. :)

11. drp

drp Senior Member
    from ontario

Does the motor run when asked but no function? Or no motor now?

Last edited: Jan 17, 2010
  12. plowinginma

from MA

of course you took the great advise to change the solenoid... and maybe you should check the wires to the three other solenoids you were playing with...:eek:

I hope you figure it out.. or maybe you should bring it to a shop maybe..:drinkup:

13. Tumas

Tumas Member
    from NFLD

I didnt take any of the wires off of the 3 on the plow... The motor will run win asked, but will not move in any direction.

14. plowguy43

plowguy43 PlowSite Fanatic

Does it raise up still or absolutely nothing happens? I'd still swap out the under hood solenoid/relay. They are $16 at Napa for the Fisher brand and like the others said, I bet this is your problem.

15. Tumas

Tumas Member
    from NFLD

No matter what direction I try to move it, the motor just starts to run, and nothing happens with the blade....When I let go of any of the buttons, the motor stops like it should.. just no movement in the blade at all.

16. plowguy43

plowguy43 PlowSite Fanatic

Sounds stupid but make sure your plugged in nice and tight at the grill. Maybe toss some electric grease in there as well.

17. Tumas

Tumas Member
    from NFLD

all the connections are brand new.....