1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Need Help Fast!! no 4wd!!

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by DareDog, Dec 16, 2010.

1. DareDog

DareDog PlowSite.com Addict

1996 Chevy 1500, went out to plow this morning while plowing 4wd stopped working and blew 5 fusses. wondering what it could be? put brand new 4wd actuator in it in 2009.

2. maverjohn

maverjohn Senior Member

I'd check for a loose connection or water in the connection and also broken wirers to start.

3. DareDog

turns out its 4WD actuator..its not even 2 yrs old! its napa one

4. maverjohn

maverjohn Senior Member

That sucks! but know your back to plowing, good luck this year.

5. the new boss 92

the new boss 92 2000 Club Member

next timeit happens i have heard of people sticking a lug nut in there and re installing the actuator and it works fine till you gethome!

6. DareDog

well turns out its only 11 months old! going to napa today to get a new one should be good to go! at least it stop snowing, only got 2" or so since Thursday.

7. JohnnyU

JohnnyU 2000 Club Member

Yep, back when I had my 1991 IFS rig, I had the front axle actuator fail on me in the middle of an 18" storm (figures, right?). A long time "internet friend" and plow-mentor from MI told me about that trick on another forum. Works like a charm in the middle of the night.

8. the new boss 92

the new boss 92 2000 Club Member

i knew it was true, they also sell a kit that you can manuely do it with a cable it deleats the whole acturator

9. JohnnyU

JohnnyU 2000 Club Member

I ended up installing the whole IFS delete kit on that truck.
    [​IMG]

10. milwaukeevtwin

milwaukeevtwin Senior Member

No plow mount LOL

11. JohnnyU

JohnnyU 2000 Club Member

No, but I've been thinking that if it doesn't sell, I'll build a custom Blizzard mount for it. That'd be a pretty fun rig to plow with again. :alien: