1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Need Help Fast-Impending Storm

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by DGODGR, Feb 6, 2013.

DGODGR Senior Member
    from s/w co

I need help finding electrical wiring for an Ultramount 8.5' MVP. One of my employees replaced the radiator on our '96 Dodge diesel 2500. He did NOT re-secure the plow wiring that crosses over the radiator. Today that wiring got wrapped up in the fan! I have been looking on line to find replacement parts. I need them ASAP as we are expecting a storm this Friday. From the wiring harnesses I have (2) part numbers. Niether of them have shown up on any website as a good part number. Here in lies the problem. The part numbers are 2629z, and 22418. Theses are taken directly from the tags on the wires themselves. They go from the isolation module ports 3 & 4. One includes the wires that go to the handset, and the plow plug. The other goes to the relay/solenoid. Quick help is greatly appreciated.
  2. Burkartsplow

Burkartsplow PlowSite Veteran

Call a dealer up and have them overnight it if need be. In surprised no dealer in your area has the part.
  3. nealybird

nealybird Senior Member

something is wrong there. the harnesses that plug in to 3 and 4 on a 4port module would be the harnesses that go to your truck headlights. for your truck they should be 26354 and 26349. Western's tags usually have two numbers on them. one says 'service PN' and that's the actual part number.
  4. twinman326

twinman326 PlowSite.com Addict

Here is a link

In the quick search type in this number 27366. Click search and look for the number above. There also might be a number 27366.01, download the mechanical guide (pdf) and save it to your computer. This will have the wiring schematics

26354 is the long for Hb1-Hb5 (harness)
    26349 is the short for Hb1-Hb5 (harness)
    Last edited: Feb 6, 2013

DGODGR Senior Member
    from s/w co

I was not using the correct numbers. I was using the "small" p/n from the tag. The larger text, actual Western P/N, was obscured by paint or heat discoloration. I was able to order the (2) harnesses from CPW. The numbers from the (2) damaged wire harnesses were 26354 and 26346. While I'm happy to report that I should get the new parts by Friday, I not so pleased with spending $430 (w/$40 for 2-day shipping). Thanks to all, for your help.