1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Need help estimating this!!!!

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by TPS Alberta, Oct 18, 2010.

1. TPS Alberta

TPS Alberta Member

Hey guys!

Just got a call from a guy who needs some buildings taken care of in the winter. He just needs snow removal, no ice management. Anyways, there are 3 locations he needs done and I was wondering if you guys could give me a hand estimating the amount of time it will take to clear the snow off the sidewalks. I will be plowing the back alley with my truck.

you can plug the addresses into google maps and use street view to check em out.

ADDRESS 1) 9440 106 Street NW Edmonton, Alberta, Canada. This one needs all the walkways done on each side of the building all the way south to the green fence next door.

ADDRESS 2) 9820 106 Street NW Edmonton, Alberta, Canada. This one needs the snow cleared on all sides. Its from the dodge ram in the pic, south to the end of the block, and around the building. Also needs back lot cleared where the cars are parked and ALL walkways, not just the city sidewalks.

ADDRESS 3) 9942 108 Street NW Edmonton, Alberta, Canada- This ones needs all the three buildings cleared on that side of block. Needs all walkways done and back alley.

Thanks soooo much guys! I could really use the help! I appreciate you taking the time to help!!
  2. dayexco

dayexco Senior Member

from what i've seen on this forum...."how much do i charge" questions are frowned upon....but were it me, i'd charge em four fiddy.
  3. Matson Snow

Matson Snow PlowSite.com Addict

Not really frowned upon..................Its just hard for a guy in Butthole,Ohio to give a price to a guy in Alberta.....Two totally different price structures....Labor rates,Etc......payup
  4. MileHigh

MileHigh PlowSite.com Addict

He didn't want rates...

he wanted estimated time on sites.
  5. Matson Snow

Matson Snow PlowSite.com Addict

I was talking to dayexco post.....Did you see the quote...Please.... Next time Read before you pounce.....Thanks
  6. ajslands

ajslands 2000 Club Member

Well that is going to be next to impossible to figure out because we don't know what equipment he has (unless it's in his signature) (I'm on my phone so I can't see it) and we don't know how efficient he is, nor how much snow is on the lot nor where it needs to be put nor how much expirence he has. As for what to charge? 1 million dollars!
  7. MileHigh

MileHigh PlowSite.com Addict

I wouldn't really call that pouncing.

Anyways...that was my point exactly. You were commenting on someone else(guy in butthole OH) giving pricing beyond borders when that wasn't the original question anyways..

Estimated time is exactly that...a estimate. The estimate could range from 10 minutes to three hours..

There would be no way to tell him how long it would take him even if you knew his rig, and how efficient he was.

He wants to know your estimates on times if people on this site reading his post were to plow it obviously.
  8. TPS Alberta

TPS Alberta Member

Will be using sweeper, backpack blowers, shovels, etc. Rear alleys will be plowed with one-tons and cat.
  9. Mr.Freezzz

Mr.Freezzz Member
    from Utah

Charge him $350 an hour flat rate and ill sub for $250 of that... Deal?