1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

need help estimating & bidding on commercial snow removal.

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by code3swagger, Dec 6, 2011.

1. code3swagger

code3swagger Junior Member

My dad just put his company in my name and I don't have a clue how to price commercial snow removal? I just need to know the methods to figure out for salt and plowing and hauling snow away. I need to know how to do the contract by month and seasonal and how to get a chance to bid on snow removal contracts for big business such as walmart, empire theaters, sobeys, big lots like that. My dad left me in the dark on this one and the sales rep that we have is useless. I WOULD REALLY APPRECIATE YOUR HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

So he turned the company over to you and left you clueless on how to run it? Why won't he tell you how to bid? Never mine those big places,you better try and figure out how to price a driveway first. Sorry

3. swtiih

swtiih PlowSite.com Addict

what kind of equipment did he leave you?

4. code3swagger

2 Chevrolet 2500 with plows and salter, bobcat, dump trucks, paving equipment

Last edited: Dec 7, 2011
  5. code3swagger

I know how to do driveways but just not commercial lots and I know how to run the business well at least the paving part not the snow removal part. He cant tell me because his salesman got the jobs for him.

6. grandview

Not wanting to bash but, sounds like the salesman was running your company not you or your dad.So for do you have any ideas on how he came up with a price or did you just go with whatever he said?Better start small with a few lots. Besides most of those bigger places probably have someone already.

7. Matson Snow

Matson Snow PlowSite.com Addict

Is your Dad still Alive????.....If so...Why don't you sit down with him and Talk...:confused:

8. grandview

See post#5

9. code3swagger

Yeah I got all under control now my dad just called me from vancover and told me how to price it, my brother didnt tell my dad I didnt know how to estimate it.

10. snowguys

snowguys Senior Member

WoW good luck Start off small we all have

11. Matson Snow

Gotcha.....Dads Clueless too......:eek:......:help:

12. grandview

See post #9

13. Matson Snow

Gotcha.....Dad NOT Clueless....Brother is Clueless......Still on the Fence about the salesman....:nod:

14. grandview

See post #15

15. Superior L & L

Superior L & L PlowSite Veteran
    from MI

Sounds like everyone is clueless Over there

16. Matson Snow

I"m Leaning towards the Salesman is The "Brains" of the Outfit.....But,im holding back judgement untill i have more info.......Thumbs Up

17. code3swagger

Its all good now, but thanks anyway guys!

18. TPC Services

TPC Services Senior Member

Am I missing something here?? so I take it dad sat at hm while the salesman which is the brother is making all the call and little brother wants in. but has not a clue what in the hell is going on he ran the paving crew. here's an idea let the salesman do the selling since he seams to be the only brains in this and you sit back down in your chair an wait for the work. WOW I'm starting to think this is a Ark transplant to Canada holy crap. then speedy here thanks everyone when not a ounce of soultions was given I think I need another cup of Frap a chino to get caught up this morning. my head hurts!!