1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

need help e47

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by R.J.S. SNOWPLOW, Dec 4, 2010.

1. R.J.S. SNOWPLOW

R.J.S. SNOWPLOW Senior Member

i have a e47 the plow was lifting slowly the motor was real hot i bought a brand new motor installed it i noticed the battery meter went low while raising the plow i have a 120 amp alternator 2 battery's i checked the connections lube them ...what else could be causing this

2. no lead

no lead PlowSite.com Addict

sounds like bad connection. is the plow grounded to the battery? does it draw hard when you angle as well? i would check all power connections for being tight again.

3. haulerman

haulerman Junior Member

i've had that problem before and i ran an extra ground wire to the truck frame and solved my issues ?

4. Kenyou

Kenyou Senior Member

Checking connections doesn't mean to try to wiggle them and see if they are tight as a rule.
    It means to take them apart and sand or steel wool them really clean and then apply some dialetic grease to all sides and put back together. Then you can put something on them if you wish like Fluid Film.