1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

need help dismounting plow!

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by lopomon, Oct 6, 2007.

1. lopomon

lopomon Junior Member

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Removing Plow
    1. Be sure moldboard is on the ground!
    2. Turn off Remote Controller or vehicle ignition.
    3. Remove lock pin from clevis frame.(near the mount/dismount cylinder)
    4. Flip toggle switch on the hydraulic unit. Push it down until
    hook assembly is fully extended. Also push down on the lift arm fully
    while holding switch to keep assembly vertical. Note: Switch will be
    inoperative 1 minute after Remote Controller is turned off. Replug
    if needed after inactive.
    5. Don't forget to disconnect the power cable...

Once you get the hang of it, they do mount and dismount very easy.

3. lopomon

lopomon Junior Member

frst off, where is the moldboard
    where is the lock pin, i know of 2 of them towards the base, but not of a single one.
    where is the toggle switch on the hydraulic unit?
    where is the lift arm?

4. lopomon

lopomon Junior Member

ok, i tried flippng the toggle switch, but to no avail. is there something i have to do with the keyhole under it before i can flip the switch? if so, im screwed because i got no key when i got my car..

5. lopomon

lopomon Junior Member

bump, i know somebody on here knows how.
    i just need some of the terms clarified and if i need the key please

6. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

You must have the newer style controller with the E68 pump. For the toggle switch on the pump unit to function, you must push the "mount" button on the controller first.This activates the toggle switch. Its a safety/anti theft feature....
    Removal procedure...
    1. Be sure the plow blade is on the ground!
    2. Turn on Controller and vehicle ignition.
    3. Remove lock pin. (located on the driver side of the attach/detach cylinder, lock's cylinder from extending while plow is on truck)
    4. Press the "Mount/Dismount" button on the Controller.
    5. Flip the toggle switch "down" on the hydraulic unit until hook assembly is fully extended. Also push down on lift arm (the arm that the lift chains are attached to) at the same time.This will help keep the plow assembley level.
    6. Disconnect Power Cable.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2007
  7. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Here's a pic where you can see the tab on the bottom of the attachment cylinder and the 2 tabs on the clevis that will be lined up and the lock pin will be through when the plow is on the truck...

Copy of Picture2.JPG

8. lopomon

lopomon Junior Member

excuse me sir, i just wanted to let you know that i love you. i may not make a difference to you, but you just helped me out BIG time, thank you so much.

9. lopomon

lopomon Junior Member

also, i take it mounting is the same but opposite correct?
    what is that keyhole for btw?
    1 more thing, is the lockpin pin a necessity, as my truck didnt have one on it. i do suppose it would be a pretty cheap replacement though, considering its just a long piece of metal.

10. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Yep, same procedure, just opposite.
    It's an anti theft lock for the pump unit. If you don't have the key for it, you'll have to cut it off if you ever need to remove the pump unit from the lift frame for service/repair.
    Yes I would highly recommend using a pin of some type as it's your only safety back up if something goes wrong with the attachment cylinder.

11. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Glad to help bud :waving: That's what were all here for....to educate and to learn....at least most of us are :D