1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Need help deicding what to charge for sanding

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by grbgman23, Nov 17, 2014.

1. grbgman23

grbgman23 Junior Member
    from iowa

I was asked to do snow removal for a company we do some trucking for, and i am new to commercial snow work. I have the loader price figured out for snow ( 14ft pusher on a payloader) hourly, but really need help figuring what to charge for straight sand. I store the sand inside and their is 3 different parking lots with some outside forklift traffic. I have a electric meyer co. V box spreader.
    Thanks for the help!!!

2. Cormegfarms

Cormegfarms Junior Member
    from WI

I typically try to get 40-50 dollars per cubic yard applied. This is only if I can sand it while I am there plowing. This is for sand/salt.

3. TCLandscaping

TCLandscaping Senior Member

Just goes to show how prices differ by location. I get 175 per yard applied. It costs 65.00 a yard to buy.

4. Buswell Forest

Buswell Forest PlowSite.com Addict
    from NH

I am new to it as well, but I expect to charge around $125 a yard..20/1 sand salt mix.

5. Jguck25

Jguck25 Senior Member

I'd be careful with a 20 to 1 mixture.. last time I bought that it was all frozen chunks of sand. And would not spread. I'm tqlking basketball sized chunks and bigger. The lowest I usually buy is 10 to 1

6. Cormegfarms

Cormegfarms Junior Member
    from WI

location definitely does make a difference. Here we can buy it for $15 per yard. maybe I should be making it and sending it your guys way.

7. grbgman23

grbgman23 Junior Member
    from iowa

Thanks for the help!