1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Need help comparing steel edged pushers

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by joester, Nov 26, 2010.

1. joester

joester Junior Member

Hi guys,

I am in the process of comparing steel trip-edged pusher boxes and am looking for input. So far, I have been looking at Avalanche, Pro-Tech, and Daniels. Note - in particular I am looking at 12-16' wide models for this year. Ideally, I would like to find a manufacturer that provides the best value and stick with them for all future pusher box purchases, so 8' skidsteer models would be required in the future. Here are a few notes on each:

Avalanche -
    Horizontal spring setup - Good or bad?
    Trip lock tool available when hard pack scraping is necessary and you don't want the blade to trip. Looks like a good idea, if you can get the operators to remember to use it at the appropriate times.
    Dealer within 1 hour.

Pro-Tech -
    I don't believe they utilize any trip springs, but rather the steel edge is attached to a piece of urethane. Does that lessen the hard pack scraping capabilities? I don't see any close ups on their website of the trip mechanism.
    Dealer within 1 hour.

Daniels -
    No info on their website about their push boxes, but I have seen a few at a jobsite nearby that a competitor handles. They appear to be built very robust.
    They use a vertical spring setup.
    All of their backhoe and loader boxes are equal moldboard heights, unlike the other brands.
    Their sideboards appear to be longer/deeper than other brands.
    Skid shoes (for a lack of better words) are mounted below each receiver tube mount to prevent the operator from running with the box unlevel.
    No local dealer, boxes would be direct shipped.

All of the pricing on all 3 models are close enough that it does not appear to be a deciding factor at this point.

What do you guys think. Has anyone used various brands of steel trip edged pushers that can offer some honest feedback? If any manufacturer reps read this, please feel free to chime in on what makes your steel trip edged pusher better than the competitors.

Looking forward to everyone's input.