1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

need help choosing plow

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by Lawnman883, Sep 14, 2007.

1. Lawnman883

Lawnman883 Member

i was on westerns website and put in my trucks info and it only cam eup with 1 plow options. a 7'6 pro plow. i was looking for a v plow or wideout. i have an 04 f350 crew cab diesel. i would think a 350 shoudl be able to handle any plow besides the heavyweights. am i wrong? please let me know

2. WSR

WSR Junior Member

Yes, a 1 ton truck will handle a v blade.

3. m297

m297 Member

Yes you should be good with what ever blade your chose with that truck, just call one of the distributors and they tell you what you can do. Jusik, Monroe, both in flint or call NBC on the eastside I think its Roseville.

4. Lawnman883

Lawnman883 Member

thanks guys. i may try calling Hoekstra in grand rapids. i buddy of mine used to sell commercial truck and delt with them quite often and had good things to say.
    thanks

5. #1 plowtech

#1 plowtech Senior Member

Lawnman883,

Stick with your research!! Western recommends only a 7'6" pro for your truck with the following specs:

2004, ford f350,crew cab,single rear tire (not duellie),6.0 diesel,5200 lb FGAWR,6830 lb MIN RGAWR, 9900 lb GVWR.

7'6' PRO PLOW AND 8' PRO PLOW ok if your min GVWR is 9700 lb

NO V-PLOW ETC. to much weight on your front axle per your specs.
    Goodluck,Plowtech.wesport