1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

need help choosing a plow

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by crsimao, Dec 20, 2009.

1. crsimao

crsimao Junior Member
    from ny

I have an 03 tundra and am looking to put a plow on it. i have looked at boss did there match and it came up with the 7.0 or 7.6 sport duty plow. I called a few places and got a price of 3800 installed. what are your opionions on the sport duty and the price. I also took a look at the meyer drive pro ( 4100 installed) and the blizzard l720 ( 3500 installed) ... how do these compare to the boss sport duty ? is one much better than the others ? ... and any other suggestions that would be great.
    thanks

2. JK-Plow

JK-Plow Senior Member

The Boss 7 1/2 Sportduty is not a bad plow. It will work for light commercial use. The price is about normal for installed plows. Some dealers might do better in price. The Meyer I would stay away from, unless you have a lot of money for repairs. The Blizzard isn't a bad plow. Others to look at are the Fisher HT and the Western version of that plow. Some dealers will modify a mount for a larger commercial duty plow. The Western Midweight and Fisher SD also will work on the truck.

3. crsimao

crsimao Junior Member
    from ny

Thanks for the reply.. i have looked into the fisher ht and the western version but when i do the ez match it does not say that i can use either one. The one's it matches me with are the homesteeder and the suberbanite. Can you use other plows that ez-match does not match you with ? and are is the fisher Ht or western version better than the boss sport duty ? i forgot to say before but i am mainly going to use it to plow my driveway and two other houses that i own.

Thank again

4. RacingZR

RacingZR Senior Member
    from Maine

You can on most trucks but it is tough with Toyota. Fisher probably does not make the push plates for Toyotas other than what it shows on e-match- especially for the 1st generation Tundras.Go with that Boss, should be fine for what you are doing.

5. JK-Plow

JK-Plow Senior Member

Look in the part section of the Fisher site and check to see if they have the part. I believe they do have the part for the newer Tundra.

6. JK-Plow

JK-Plow Senior Member

The part number is 7185 for the push plate for the 2007 and newer Tundra for the Fisher minute mount 2. The Fisher site go to technical support, then scroll to parts, then look for mounts and vehicle.