1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Need help choosing a Plow / Salter

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by jitaly, Nov 11, 2009.

1. jitaly

jitaly Junior Member

Hey everyone, im new to the world of plowing and was curious on your feedback. I have a F350 i plan on plowing with but have no idea what kind/size of plow to get. I have mostly residential accounts, only a handful of commercial. What do you guys recommend for a beginner? Vee or Straight blade? Boss, Western, Blizzard, Snow-way? Any bit of advice will be appreciated. And anything on salters to. Thanks
  2. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

Plywood, cheap and easy to replace.
  3. jimspro

jimspro Senior Member

If the truck has single rear wheels, i would go with a boss 8.2 v-blade, saves time plowing, and is easy to put on and off, i use sno-x salters, they seen to work the best, they have one that swings away so you can load a pallet of salt with a fork truck, instead of one bag at a time, if your truck is a dual wheel you have to go with a 9' or larger plow or the tires will be doing plowing, hope this helps
  4. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

Dealer support and service is MORE important then brand.
    I prefer Menards for all my "plywood" needs....lmao
  5. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic