1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

need help buying a inverted blower

Discussion in 'Normand Snow Blowers' started by snopushin ford, May 31, 2015.

1. snopushin ford

snopushin ford Senior Member
    from mass

I finally bought a tractor and now I need a Blower. I know its summer but I want to get it so I can use it in photos for marketing material. I am in Massachusetts. Thanks in advance. Matt

2. fireball

fireball PlowSite.com Veteran

ask Image or Neige, they are the experts here

3. snopushin ford

from mass

I have sent some email's but maybe they ended up in the junk folder, I guess I will try again

4. Neige

Neige Sponsor

Hey Matt, try me again at paul@metalpless.com I can get you pictures, and Chapple Tractor is the dealer in your area.
    514-608-4675

5. snopushin ford

from mass

Excellent! I will probably call you tomorrow afternoon. Thanks. Matt

6. snopushin ford

from mass

Yesterday I pulled the trigger and ordered a 92" Normand!! very excited to be making this step!!

7. Enzo

Enzo Senior Member

Hey Matt,

What tractor did you end up buying? We are looking into ordering one for this year and a blower from either Paul or Steve.

8. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

You finally escape from boss's basement?

9. Enzo

Enzo Senior Member

Im lost grandview lol. How have you been?

10. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Still pushing it hard. I thought someone said you gave up plowing to become a priest

11. Enzo

Enzo Senior Member

haha never. 8 years in business and still going unless i hit the power ball or something lol

12. snopushin ford

from mass

I ended up with a Kubota M7040. It has 64 hp at the pto so I hope it will be enough. If things go well I can see myself jumping up to the 100hp machine. I just heard today that the dealer will be getting the blower shipment in the first week of October. I wish it was sooner so I could stare at it!! Matt

13. Enzo

Enzo Senior Member

Matt,

Where did you end buying the blower from?

14. snopushin ford

from mass

chappell tractor in new hampshire

15. Enzo

Enzo Senior Member

ok sounds good thanks.

16. snopushin ford

from mass

I guess I should update. I ordered the blower around the end of may, and I just received the blower December 5!! The blower seems like a very solid unit but I am disappointed in normand with how long it took them to deliver the blower to my dealer. If I wasn't up against a wall I would have gone with another manufacturer because I don't feel that they deserve my money. Anyway I hope winter comes soon. Matt

17. IMAGE

IMAGE Sponsor

Hey Matt, I'm glad you got your unit, you will be very happy with it. As for the delay all I can say is it wasn't Normand's fault, and it wasn't your fault. My dealers (Midwest USA territory) that ordered in May/June had their blowers in September. Normand is very good at fulfilling orders on the schedule they promise, and units ordered in the spring/summer are/were delivered August/September. If yours was ordered that early and not delivered on time it was because there was a breakdown somewhere in the supply chain between you and Normand, not an issue with Normand themselves. I'm sorry it happened, but I want you to know it wasn't a supply issue as much as an order issue, and I'm glad that in the end you got your Normand because you will be very happy with it.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2015
  18. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

Strange, you'd think the manufacturer would have a neighboring dealer or distributor help out a customer.

Glad you got it before the snow, but I bet that stress was aboot killing you.

19. snopushin ford

from mass

Not having the blower was torture! Going out trying to gain customers without actually having the attachment for the service you are selling is not fun. Not totally sure where things fell apart but it was just a overall bad experience. I hope the performance of the blower makes me forget about all of this. matt

20. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

I'm sure you'll be happy with the performance. I didn't have to wait as long as you di but I had a snafu with getting mine last year too.