1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Need help! Broken Western A frame

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by allenbros, Feb 15, 2006.

1. allenbros

allenbros Junior Member

:help: My 8.5' Western Pro Plow's a-frame broke at the pivot bolt. Not sure if this can be fixed. Looks to be an area of high stress and not much room to add any reinforcement. Has anyone had to replace their a-frame? If so where did you find the best price for one? Best I've found is just over $300.

2. justme-

justme- 2000 Club Member

have it welded- you don't need to reinforce it, just repair it.

Also you may want to reason WHY it broke and deturmine if it was mechanical failure from age (can't be helped), mechanical failure from over stress (hitting objects, overloading, etc), Rust, etc.

3. dj&sonplowing

dj&sonplowing Member

yeah ive had those holes egg out on my old western, just get wore out is all, best way to fix them, cut a new piece of steel A shape , weld it right over the top and drill your new hole, that way it got a new tight fit, and good to go:cool:

4. NJ Plowman

NJ Plowman Senior Member

We have replaced a few, we use Western Pro Plows and you have to make sure that you don't get the frame from a regular Western because they are different. Weld it if you can, if not just replace it, the cost of doing snow removal... :nod: