1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

NEED HELP Blizzard Ice Chaser/Tornado/Polycaster

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by JLC, Dec 23, 2013.

1. JLC

JLC Member

Controller is giving a fault code, one flash and beep... Connectivity issue. We tried a new module on the spreader side, new controller in the cab and neither worked. Inspected every inch of the harness for chaffing or a rub spot and found none. Truck spread salt perfect Saturday, tried to use Sunday and immediately gave this fault code. Tearing my hair out after two 100 mile roundtrips to dealer :realmad: and can't seem to figure out whats going on.

Has anyone had this issue?

2. LON

LON Senior Member

Had a customer in WV blowing modules, 2 in 1 week (ouch!). Changed all the harness's. Haven't heard from him in a week so I hope that all is well now.

3. Whiffyspark

Whiffyspark 2000 Club Member
    from SOMD

Check the connectors for a pushed back pin. Check wire form continuity

4. JLC

JLC Member

I'll check that in the morning... Thanks!

5. JLC

JLC Member

I'll check that in the morning... Thanks!

6. R75419

R75419 Senior Member

Our Snow Ex has some real quirky issues too. The anderson blocks tended to wiggle at the back of the controller and break contact not allowing anything to work. Fixed that last year with some dielectric grease and speading the contacts. Yesterday I discovered that if I start the spreader with the spinner full tilt the spinner faults and wont turn. At first I thought it was the connections at the back of the controller again but then I discovered if the spinner is half speed or less to start it worked fine. Different manufacturer I realize, but maybe one of these thoughts will help.

7. Flawless440

Flawless440 PlowSite.com Addict

I had the push pins back out in my Boss VBX 8000,
    Also have a tray that catches salt under the drag chains i have to empty after each event or it builds up with salt and can freeze..