1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Need Help Blade Tweaked

Discussion in 'Blizzard Plows Discussion' started by Budsoda, Sep 1, 2006.

1. Budsoda

Budsoda Junior Member

Need some help with my Blizzard 810. I last winter I was on my way home after polwing snow I was driving down a county road when a little car heading toware me and lost control so i had two choices # 1 hit the car and kill everyone in it. # 2 Head for the ditch and corn feild and miss the car. I took # 2 and miss the car :realmad: I didn't have enough time to lift my blade all the way up ..I hit the ditch so hard that my head hit the windshield :realmad: I was very mad so i punched the gas drove up out of the feild & ditch and went home..
    Ok now to my problen.. the next time I went to plow I saw that my blade was out of level bad. I must have tweaked it... 6 month later...now I want to fix this problen..my blade is 3" out of level in 10' I have look at my under crriage its find .. so i look over my blade very well and i can't see where or what is tweaked :dizzy: when my blade is all the way down only 2' is touching the ground and It is very hard to power hitch up to my truck now :cry: if anyone can help me with this I would appreciate it.....Thank you
    Last edited: Sep 1, 2006
  2. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

I am going to guess you bent your A frame, and I also bet you weren't wearing your seatbelt.
  3. itsgottobegreen

itsgottobegreen PlowSite.com Addict

Its time for a road trip to jerries:D
  4. Rbronkema psfd

Rbronkema psfd Member

Yeah my guess is that you bent your A-frame too. My dad hit a man hole cover and bent his all out of whack. Look your A-frame over for breaks in the welds and cracks in the steel. Also place the plow on the ground not hooked up to the truck and look at the plow like you are drivivg up to hook it up. (make sence) Hope this helps and hope you get it figured out.

5. ZRT1000

ZRT1000 Member

2 Years ago when plowing with my 05 250 with a 8' western I hit a rock and noticed that my plow was doing the same as yours, It ended up that I bent the front rail of my truck frame down 2" .. I had it straighted and it bent twice more .. I got rid of the truck .. Just somthing else to check ..
  6. Jerre Heyer

Jerre Heyer Senior Member

Drop the plow, flip it up on its face and look at the a frame where the pivot bolt attaches it to the quadrant. From that point to the draw latch you will notice that the boxed section is twisted. It takes a big hit or a heck of a grade drop off to do this but it's usually accident ( culvert pipe or ditch ) related.

Choices are several straightening options none of which are perfect or a new a fame .

Either one is going to cost some $$$

My biggest laugh is this one.....I must have tweaked it... 6 month later...now I want to fix this problen..

Why not wait till it's snowing??????

CARDOCTOR PlowSite.com Addict

Either one is going to cost some $$$

My biggest laugh is this one.....I must have tweaked it... 6 month later...now I want to fix this problen..

Why not wait till it's snowing??????

I think he was hoping it would heal all by its self

8. Joe D

Joe D Senior Member

Let the air out of one of the front tires to lower it back down, problem solved:D
  9. Budsoda

Budsoda Junior Member

6 Months later

Why I waited 6 months is I own a Construction co. and spring is the bussy time for me.
    everyone get there tax check and they want to give it all to me...lol Thank you for the suggestions. I'm still working on it..I'm thinking about painting my blade..every time i look at it i see more rust <:realmad:
  10. 4evergreenlawns

4evergreenlawns Senior Member

I love it when construction guys tell me, "Yous blade looks like arse it is all rusting my Western does not look like that and it is alot older" and my reply "and ALOT SLOWER too". The rust will not slow down the plow.

Joe D, love the air out of the tire thing.

Two of mine are tweaked. For NOW here is what I do. Start out the season with a new set of Edged. Flip the center edge every couple of storms keeps the wear even. Replace the Edges as needed. Cheaper then making a repair for something that will just happen again.

When you have others plowing in your trucks there is only so much that can be avioded. WHO here has not hit something after plowing for hours on end, or showed up to a lot where something was there today that was not there last time you plowed??? We plow curb to curb and joints alone shift.

That is what I do. Not perfect but it works.

Maybe DD will develop a left to right float as in the ULTRA design to allow the blade to shift up and down side to side as the grade of the pavement changes. That is what they did to address the constant Western A frame damage where Blizzard is built much thicker at that pivot point.
  11. capt4nocfa

capt4nocfa Junior Member

been there done that. get on the phone w/ blizzard and start makin some noise. I bent mine in the first few times i used it. they sent one to me direct for under $300. they are easy to change, should only take about a 1/2 hour. I had my BIL (brother in law) straighten the old one so i have a spare. In my opinion, that is the weak link, however it beats tweaking the frame on your truck.. good luck
  12. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

Did'nt you get the insurance info from the person that you went in the ditch for? They should be paying for it.
  13. drplow

drplow Senior Member

i bent my A-frame when a car turned in front of me and i smashed the crap out of it at 20mph. it was the only thing that went wrong on the plow. did it last year, now it sucks when i am trying to plow down to the blacktop. if its 300 for the A-frame that might be the best idea. i might check with my welder first, maybe he could fix it for cheap.
  14. LON

LON Senior Member

Unless there was contact between the 2 it is up to him to fix, at least in the state of PA. Without contact it would be written up as failure to keep vehicle under control or made non-reportable since he drove away.
  15. repo_man62

repo_man62 Senior Member

That's too funny! Be sure to put more paint on the side that doesn't hit the ground! That'll level it out!:dizzy:
  16. LMG Masonry Inc

LMG Masonry Inc Member

Try Central parts warehouse. They carry most everything.:help: