1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

need help bidding this property

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by SALCORP, Oct 25, 2009.

SALCORP Junior Member
    from MASS

i am bidding on a over 55 housing development it has 45 homes this bid includes 45 paver driveways to be plowed with a skidsteer 45 walkways to be hand shoveled also all fire hydrants and drains by hand also include roadways by truck this bid need to be in by tues i think my number are way off they want sand/salt mix for roads and ice melt for driveways and walks
  2. buckwheat_la

buckwheat_la 2000 Club Member

i can't help you without knowing how many events you are looking at a year, and how much snow per event, but i can tell you this, plan on going all the time, seniors slip and fall very easy, better to be over done then underdone. And don't cut corners, that one tiny patch of ice along one side of the driveway, may seem like little hazard until a little old lady gets out of her car and slips. it would also be good to see your numbers up. but to give you a example, where i am i expect about 5 incidents per month, (anything over 1/4inch triggers) we charge a retainer of $300-400 dollars, (usually work out the retainer as $10/unit), then i charge a hourly rate for skidsteer and man hours, you well find on those really light days you well just go through the property with a couple of hand snow push style shovels, and do it all in about 45min-1hr (yeah, by yourself), and on those dayw where you get a lot, you have someone do the walkways for you as you do the skidsteer stuff.

SALCORP Junior Member
    from MASS

the trigger is 2 inches and they want a per event price 2inches up not sure what increments to do maybe 2-4 inches then 4-6 and so on so im not sure how to price this place i am tryn to figure out hourly how long it will take for each
  4. buckwheat_la

buckwheat_la 2000 Club Member

again without knowing the property it is hard to say, but if it was like a property like i do, it would go something like this.
    2-4 inches
    1.5-2hrs man shoveling of walks
    1.5 - 2 hrs skid steer on roadways
    1 - 1.5 hrs skid steer on the driveways

4-6 inches
    3hrs man shoveling
    2-2.5 hrs skid steer on roadways
    1.5-2.5 hrs skid steer driveways

(keep in mind this is just applicable to my area, and the way i do things)
    important things to remember, your man doing walks and stuff, is probably going to be there with you the entire time, so have him do some stuff to help you out, along garage doors, ice melter on walks and driveways, etc. also make a clause about vehicles left on driveways, don't bother trying to get your skid close , one wrong mood and you well make your insurance very unhappy, we just tell people we wont operate a skid withing 5 feet of a parked vehicle.
    Last edited: Oct 25, 2009
  5. blowerman

blowerman PlowSite.com Addict

The plowing and shoveling of all units and the road: $700-900.
    The salting and sanding: $400-600
    You need alot more details, but I'll give a figure based on how I think(?) the place might look.
    These are my times.
    Driveways: 1hr. tops (TV145-98"pxpl blower)
    Walks: 2-3 hrs (general labor)
    Road: 15 minutes (truck or blower)
    Salt/sand: 1000 lbs.
    Salt: 1000 lbs.
    Hope this helps you...
    Last edited: Oct 25, 2009

SALCORP Junior Member
    from MASS

how can i get a google map pic on here

how can i get a google map picture on here so i can show you