1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Need help bidding this job

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by drivewaydoctor, Oct 11, 2009.

1. Hey guys,

I need to put my bid in ASAP on this job. They are looking for a seasonal contract (unlimited plowing, 1" trigger) What I really need to know is how much you would expect to see per month for this job?

I also need to know how much salt I would use on this lot per application. I'm guessing 1/4 ton?

[​IMG]

2. cfdeng7

cfdeng7 Senior Member
    from CT

how many events per year?

3. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Looks like a 1/2 hr with your 2 trucks,so go from there.

4. Hmmm I'm guessing 15 to 20 ??? This account is very sensitive... I won;t say who or what the account is for competitor reasons but I would have to make sure it stays pretty clear...

5. cfdeng7

cfdeng7 Senior Member
    from CT

so say it takes one truck one hour to clear it and its snowing at 1 inch an hour and ur trigger is one inch... looks like ur leaving a truck there if they are that picky. so u need to charge acordingly. also is the building just a business open 9-5 mon thru friday or do they need to be clear at night and weekends?

6. They are 24/7.. Never close and have "clients" coming in all hours of the night...

7. cfdeng7

cfdeng7 Senior Member
    from CT

well i guess u pretty much have to dedicate a truck to this lot 24/7 and need to charge enough that would cover how much that truck would make on other accounts. i hope the client understands that they are going to have to pay a good amount of money to have this lot properly serviced. looks like u almost need to charge by the inch.