1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Need Help Bidding in western MA

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by richsoucie, Jul 22, 2008.

1. richsoucie

richsoucie Member

does anyone know about what the average hourly rate is for western mass. I always have a problem bidding i either undercharge and make no money or overcharge and get no customers hence make no money. any help is greatly appreciated
  2. Lubold8431

Lubold8431 Member

Well, I live in Pittsfield, and there are cheap people and then there are people who dont care how much you charge, they just want you to do a good job. So, charge what you are happy with. I dont really charge by the hour, I charge by the job. My minimum is $25 for a small residential driveway, straight push, no garage, no shoveling. If you want to plow, you should be able to make some money and not give it away. So, if you use my minimum, and try to make an hourly figure for that, it would something like $300 per hour. Which, in alot of areas is ridiculous for a pickup, but I think thats just about right for the Berkshires. People who arent willing to pay that rate, you dont want anyways...