1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Need help bidding first commercial site

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by brookberryslawn, Oct 29, 2014.

1. brookberryslawn

brookberryslawn Junior Member
    from Newton

Site has two buildings and two entrances from the highway. Looks to be approx 1.5 acres and estimated to take an hour and a half to do all the work

Have to shovel the main sidewalks in front of both buildings & salt, plow and salt driveway.

Will be plowing with 1" min and every 4" from that point on.

http://www.findlotsize.com?e=40.963...reen Pkwy, Lake Hopatcong, NJ 07849:measure:0

Let me know what you would bid and itemize?

2. Chineau

Chineau Senior Member

Are they looking for seasonal bid or hourly price? Do you have a snowblower or hand bombing it all?
  3. Chineau

Chineau Senior Member

What kind of business is it, hotel special clean up time at check out, restaurant?
  4. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Every 4" you serious Clark!!!! Every 1 inch then 4 after that, how's that supposta work? I'm kinda lost on that one.
    Are those your rules or there's?
    Last edited: Oct 30, 2014
  5. Buswell Forest

Buswell Forest PlowSite.com Addict
    from NH

He means minimum to drop the plow is 1 inch, but in bigger storms plow every 4 inches..

Here, my market, I would get $275 per push, $225 to sand and salt, $70 to blow the walks, and $30 plus the cost of calcium or whatever to treat the walks.
    $80 to return for cleanups when cars move..
  6. brookberryslawn

brookberryslawn Junior Member
    from Newton

Thanks for the replies...
    Yes meant 1" trigger and for bigger storms plow every 4".

It is a commercial building business office and huge day care building.
    They are not looking for seasonal pricing and per storm pricing or if ice per week... he is flexible and just wants me to stay on top of it and I can control how much salt and when to push he said