1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Need Help bidding/estimating a church lot

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by unimog-guy, Dec 8, 2014.

1. unimog-guy

unimog-guy Member

I have been plowing driveways for the past 5 years and one of my customers has asked me to bid his church for him. I will be using a 5/4 ton 4x4 diesel truck with a 7'6" blade. They asked for it to only be done on Wednesday and Sunday should there be snow on the ground. There is a 2" trigger. The picture below is the property with the area included. How long would you estimate it to take using my equipment?

Now for the sidewalks...I have 2 26" snow blowers. The total for the sidewalks is 227ft. What would you charge to salt and remove snow and shovel 10 steps?

Thank you in advance.

image.jpg

Last edited: Dec 8, 2014
  2. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Must be a Jehovah Witness

3. John_DeereGreen

John_DeereGreen PlowSite.com Addict

The average for the industry is 1 acre per hour for a truck and 8 foot blade. I would price it as though it takes an hour and a half. The sidewalks I would price as they take 20 minutes to a half hour.

Be careful on only plowing it for church days, as what happens when people drive through it on off days and then snow hits Tuesday night or Wednesday morning and it has to be clean for church? You'll have a hard time scraping the hard pack up.

4. snowplower1

snowplower1 Senior Member

a 7'6 will be a bit small but doable, it will add some time. I would not plow only those two days. maybe do the 2 inch trigger on wednesday and sunday and a 4 -6 inch trigger the other days because if you let snow pile up and sit, it will make for quite a hard time plowing. i say it would take between 30-45 mins

cant help too much with the sidewalks, we never use snowblowers

5. unimog-guy

unimog-guy Member

Hahahaha but it isn't they're on the other end of town.

6. grandview

just asking, because i do one and they are only open those 2 days.

7. unimog-guy

unimog-guy Member

Grandview,

That is the way most churches are....Open on Wednesday for bible study and Sunday for regular services.

So what do you think on this lot?

8. grandview

go seasonal on it. tell them its better to get the bill with the same amount instead of getting hit with a big one then nothing ,easy for budgeting the collection plate.

9. gc3

gc3 Senior Member

2 hours. $550. Tell him it doesn't just snow 2 days a week and you need to plow with it everytime. Tell him the Lord doesn't take off 5 days a week so why should you. If he brings you customers give him a discount

10. LapeerLandscape

LapeerLandscape PlowSite.com Addict

They don't do weddings there? They could be Friday or Saturday night.

11. unimog-guy

unimog-guy Member

So what's the seasonal price? We get on average (from 1981-2010) 13.7 days of snowfall every year and average 25.4" of snow. However in 95-96 we got 74" which would be covered in the "Blizzard Clause" of the contract.

12. unimog-guy

unimog-guy Member

Is this to plow and remove snow from the sidewalks and salt? Or just plow? And just to be sure that is a per push price or seasonal?

Last edited: Dec 8, 2014
  13. grandview

7500.00 for the season with works out to 1500.00 a month. Nice and easy on the budget.

14. gc3

gc3 Senior Member

That's for plowing, sidewalks, & salting each time. Of course other variables could change that but based on the easiest best conditions/scenario that could possibly happen that's what I'd do.