1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Need Help Bidding Commercial Prop

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by scott30, Mar 13, 2014.

1. scott30

scott30 Junior Member

Hey guys,

I've been in the snow removal business for some time now but i've only done residential props in the past. This past winter was pretty good for out company and we were able to get some more equipment to add to our fleet and it looks like next winter we will be able to take on our first commercial props.

I have lots of plowing experience and know the ropes as far as that is concerned but I don't know a lot about how to bid the commercial side.

My questions are:

Do I bid per push or per season?
    Do I bid ice melt applications separately?
    How do I charge if I have to plow the prop multiple times a day?

I know it's very early in the year but I was wanting to start getting ideas so I could give me some time to figure things out.

2. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Ask what they want 1st then go from there.
  3. scott30

scott30 Junior Member

They gave me a form to fill out for the bid for lawn care, snow removal and a few misc. things. Do you still think it would be a good idea to call and see what they are looking for?
  4. jrs.landscaping

jrs.landscaping Senior Member
    from Maine

They don't have specs?

If you have the sheet it should have the scope of work along with how they'd like to be invoiced.

Or they don't know how to set up an RFP ;)
  5. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Just call and ask.