1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Need help bad

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by snow plowman, Jan 1, 2010.

1. snow plowman

snow plowman Senior Member

i have a 93 blazer with the 5.7 i cant get it to run right will not start and idel most of the time u have to floor it to get it to start i put a new fule pump in it fule filter and sock and plugs wires cap roter tps senser and still cant get it to run right it spits pops and sputers wen i do get it to start i have a plow on it to just to let u know ran fine 3 days ago if u have any help pls let me know thx alot

2. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

Have you actually checked your fuel pressure? Also, sometimes temp sensors can go on these and cause all sorts of problems.

3. mycirus

mycirus Senior Member
    from Mass

Did you fill it up recently? Maybe bad gas?

4. REAPER

REAPER 2000 Club Member
    from 60050

You didn't have a "friend" switch the wires around on you did you? Sounds like crossed plug wires.

Could also make sure O2 sensor is working.

5. snow plowman

yes i replace temp sensor on it forgot to say the one sory about that

6. snow plowman

no i did not fill up

7. snow plowman

nope i check that 3 times not that that i can see. o2 sensor dont know about that one wuz going to try to un plug it and see what happens

8. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

could be a leaky injector flooding it out, which is why it runs when you floor it. Does it rev way up when you floor it to keep it running?

9. snow plowman

no i have not done that one yet dont have a way to check that wuz thinking about the presher reg on it but i have to find it first lol

10. snow plowman

yes it do i can get it to idel but wen u put it in drive or something it stalls and now i cant get it to start up agen but wen i do get it to start it runs fine till i give gas sometimes it will rev up and seem to run fine

11. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

I would stop throwing parts at it. You are pissing money away at this point. The pressure regulator is in the throttle body. You could try pinching off the return line for a few seconds to see if it stays running when you put it in gear. That could tell you if you have a bad pressure regulator. But if you don't have good fuel pressure it won't tell you anything. You should get yourself a pressure gauge first thing tomorrow. You can get them at most any autostore. You need an adaptor to tie into the supply line to the TB.

12. dmaxplowguy66

dmaxplowguy66 Junior Member

Can you here the fuel pump running when key on ? Might want to check your ground wire for your pump. I've seen it a few times where it wasn't making good contact or even tigitened back down and the pump was turnin on off?? might check that real quick

13. snow plowman

ya i can here it run but will still look at that one thow thx

14. VPRacing

VPRacing Member

Have you checked ignition timing?

15. Sydenstricker Landscaping

Sydenstricker Landscaping PlowSite Veteran

Could be the EGR valve being a pile. Mine was doing something very similar and found out the egr valve was sticking, on my 92 Blazer tbi 350. Put it in any gear, died. Let it idle, would die. New egr, no problems and have never looked back

16. Check your timing. It could be that the gear on the distributor is worn down. Had that happen to me last year and it gave me fits.

17. snow plowman

thx will look into tham to