1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Need help B&B with MVP

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by StathemLawncare, Nov 29, 2008.

1. StathemLawncare

StathemLawncare Member

Hooked plow up today and up and down work fine, but the wings wont move in or out. They just barely move. I think a valve is stuck but i don't know which one it is or where to locate it. I cant find my books. Any help will be appreciated thanks.

2. Team_Arctic

Team_Arctic Senior Member

i know you can download the manual at westernd website as far as figuring out what valve it is. just follow your hydro lines

3. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Even the right wing retract is slow?

If so, then either the cylinders are tight from setting, or somethings up with the C and/or D pilot operated check valves.

4. StathemLawncare

StathemLawncare Member

I took the hoses off each wing and moved them by hand. When i put back together and tried the controller they went back to V position and now wont don't anything but jerk about an inch.Where do i locate the C or D pilot check valves, and what to look for to be wrong.

5. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

They're in the bottom side of the secondary manifold after you pull the cover.

While I was there I'd also pull the top side cover off the secondary manifold and double check for magnetism on both the S4 and S6 valves while holding the controller in the scoop position. Doing that will rule out a possible electrical issue.

You can get the MVP manual off Westerns site to help with identification and layout...will make your job a great deal less confusing I promise.

6. StathemLawncare

StathemLawncare Member

Acts like cylinders are locked and the wings will not move in or out. Motor runs and valves have magnetism. If the wings are pulled out they automaticaly retract back to "v" position, no matter if you hit the left or right button on the controller.

7. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Check the S5 valve to see if it's stuck open...even partially. it's the one in the bottom of the secondary manifold.

8. StathemLawncare

StathemLawncare Member

Got it fixed.The S4 S5 and S6 valves all seem to be stuck. Took them out and freed them up and all is good now. Thanks B&B for steering me in the right direction.

9. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Good to hear you've got it up and running. And your welcome. :salute: