1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Need Help ASAP

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by ATWE, Dec 6, 2007.

1. ATWE

ATWE Junior Member
    from Chicago

Seeing that it's supposed to snow again tonight, I'm hoping to get this problem resolved later today. I have a fisher 8'6" V-Plow, about 4 years old. This problem started last year, where everything's fine then all of a sudden it's stuck in the up position, or down, controls don't work, or perform different tasks then they're supposed to, such as left button makes right wing move, etc. I can hear the motor working, and a slight dim of the lights when buttons are pushed. Some people have told me its the fishstick, I'm not convinced because the majority of the time everything works fine. What I seem to have pinpointed it on is air temperature, when temps drop below 20 degrees. Has anybody else experienced this problem? What was the cause/solution? Fluid was changed last month and replaced with fisher blue. If it is indeed the air temperature, has anybody seen anything to keep this from happening, ie. a mini block heater to replace the fill cap, or some type of insulating/heating cover to fit over the pump/motor. It seems so bogus that a piece of equipment designed to work in the winter won't work in cold temperatures. 10-15 degrees isn't all that cold!!! Thanks in advance for any help.

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

If it's performing the wrong functions and not doing any functions when the buttons are pressed, I can pretty much assure you it's the hand held controller dying as it's a very very common problem with the FishSticks....

3. ATWE

ATWE Junior Member
    from Chicago

Update...Hopefully this will end up helping someone else. After first thinking things were frozen I heated up the pump with a propane torch, no luck. I then went and grabbed a new controller, which also did not work. It ended up being the ground wire leading to the S5 solenoid cartridge. It simply had corroded and broken off. A 50 cent fix.

4. TEX

TEX Senior Member

dont you love it when it doesent cost $300 to fix it.

thats good to hear:bluebounc

5. tkrepairs

tkrepairs Senior Member
    from maine

i hate bad connections, it seems like no matter what you do, theres always bound to be one somewhere hiding on you.