1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Need help ASAP

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by allen81, Dec 27, 2012.

1. allen81

allen81 Member

My parking lights and blinkers worked fine last year now I hooked my plow up and I don't have any parking lights at all. If I put the passenger side blinker on the driver side on the plow blinks. If I put the DS blinker on I get nothing on the plow. If I swap the harnesses going in to port 3 and 4 and put the DS blinker on it works correctly but then put the PS blinker on I will get nothing on the plow. Also last year my plow was angling left and right fine now if I hit left it raises the plow and if I hit right it just jerks the plow. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to fix any of these issues that just started happening this year?

2. allen81

allen81 Member

I have a MM2 3 plug system and a 4 port iso mod

3. Start with the easy stuff which means checking your main ground connections either at the battery or on the chassis somewhere. Take it apart even if it looks good to your eye, clean it and reattach. Then check your grill connectors for corrosion. Sounds like a ground to me.

The real question is why would you wait until December 27th and a snowstorm to try your plow for the first time?

4. allen81

allen81 Member

I didn't I tried it b4 and someone was going to help me but they have a 2 plug fisher and I have a 3 plug. I wanted to see what happens when my plow is hooked up to another truck and my truck hooked up to another plow before taking it apart. I was originally told by the fisher dealer I have a stuck valve. But I spoke to another fisher dealer and he said he has never seen one go bad. It is just odd how it was angling left and right just fine last year and the parking and turn signals were working to.

5. A stuck valve has nothing to do with your plow lights. I really think you've got a wiring or loose ground making a poor contact problem. That will make your lights do the crazy things you are describing and the solenoid valves will not operate correctly. Do you know how to check the wiring on the truck side?

6. plowguy43

plowguy43 PlowSite Fanatic

The angle issue is most likely a stuck valve/cartridge. It also could possibly be a bad controller, I say this because I had a similar issue with a fishstick and a new circuit board fixed it.

The blinker issue, I'd check the wire taps on the truck to see if they are good and not corroded. Also as mentioned before I'd check the grounds as well.

7. allen81

allen81 Member

I didn't say the light issue had to do with a stuck valve. They told me that is why it is not angling. Another fisher dealer said he has never seen a valve/cartridge go bad b4

8. allen81

allen81 Member

I tried my joy stick b4 and it does almost the same thing. My fishstik and plow were angling correctly last year no problem and the parking and turn signals were working as well. How come if I swap the harnesses in port 3 and 4 the ds turn signal are fine on truck and plow but then ps I get nothing on the plow with that turn signal on?

9. BECAUSE YOU PROBABLY HAVE A BAD GROUND......I'm done.....

10. allen81

allen81 Member

No grounds have been touched unless it was something the body shop did.

11. Body Shop???OMG!!! Listen my friend, I'm trying to help you. Was the truck in a crash and you had repairs made? You need to start ruling some things out. Its entirely possible that something has changed in the 8 months you haven't used the plow. Again, do yourself a favor and check the truck side wiring and grounds. Just because it worked last year doesn't mean there isnt something wrong now. There have been hundreds of "I just hooked up my plow and it doesn't work" threads here over the years. Usually it's something simple but you have to start somewhere.

I feel like Ryan right now.......

12. allen81

allen81 Member

I took the black cover off so I could get to the coils. There are 2 nuts I took off the first one but I can't get a wrench to fit closest to where the pump is. Have you ever removed or replaced the coils/ cartridges. Below is a picture of the part.

Coil.jpg

Last edited: Dec 28, 2012
  13. allen81

allen81 Member

bump bump bump

14. unhcp

unhcp PlowSite.com Addict

that is a coil yes, but again the coil has nothing to do with your lights

15. allen81

allen81 Member

I am trying to fix the angling issue. Is the coil suppose to slide off or do you have to pry it a little so that you can get the cartridge out?