1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

need help asap vxf 85

Discussion in 'SnowDogg Snow Plows' started by condo plow, Jan 4, 2015.

1. condo plow

condo plow Senior Member
    from chicago

i just used my brand new plow after 2 hours it stoped moving 2 red blinking lights on controller i realy dont understand the diagram can someone please help me
  2. blwnsmoke

blwnsmoke Member

Stopped moving in all directions? I am by no means an expert but looking at the troubleshooting guide of the manual, the only part that I can see that mentions 2 blinks is where it says "continuity problem" and refers to check "s1a coil, blue wire". However, this is listed under "plow won't lift".

I am sure others will chime in who know more then I do. Sorry I can't help any further.. hopefully it is at least a step you can check in the mean time while you wait for more answers.

If it is brand new, have you contacted your dealer yet?
  3. condo plow

condo plow Senior Member
    from chicago

dealer is closed at time of break down.........i already talked with scott and for some strange reason the plow completely stopped working...i will see what buyers will do for me in the am.....love their saltdogg but very disappointed with the snowdogg so far.....a brand new plow shouldnt break down after 2 hours of use
  4. Pit Crew

Pit Crew Senior Member

Has to be something simple,don`t give up on it yet. I know its easy for me to say. I just got the same plow last march. I would love to have two hours on mine. Still waiting for some dang snow.
  5. condo plow

condo plow Senior Member
    from chicago

thank you Scott and Buyers they took care of everything. that shop ( McKenna in skokie,il) you sent me to knows what service is..they found somethings wrong with my truck . of course i let them take care of it. they also found a rear seal in the head unit and they took care of it. once again thank you. my dealer cpw is no longer my dealer lacks of service they were my first call today i was told there was nothing they can do for me. Mckenna was not the place i bought my vxf but they honored my warranty. thank you McKenna will be our new dealer
    Last edited: Jan 5, 2015