1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Need help and some advice

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by mdsnowremovalpw, Dec 1, 2013.

1. mdsnowremovalpw

mdsnowremovalpw Junior Member

I will start with some back ground on me in the 80s and 90s i worked at a truck stop and one of my jobs was to plow the lot with this old ford dump truck. So i have experience plowing. I have a chance to buy a 2003 Dodge Ram 4x4 standard cab w/ a 6' box. 5.7 Hemi with a brand new Western plow on it and was wondering thoughts you may have on the truck being used for residential and possible a small lot (about 20 car) already talked to a mechanic about putting in a transmission temp gauge and he suggested a second transmission cooler. Any words of wisdom would be much appreciated.
  2. BUFF

BUFF PlowSite Fanatic
    from FR NoCo

So is this a 1/2ton pickup?
  3. mdsnowremovalpw

Yes, with 80,000 original miles the plow is one year old was used twice
  4. rjigto4oje

rjigto4oje PlowSite.com Addict

For what it's worth I have a 1500 and have plowed with it for 13 years I've replaced the trans I put a bigger cooler with a temp gauge ive got 92k on it and still running strong
  5. mdsnowremovalpw

thank you for the the info. I like dodge trucks have one with 500,000 and i had to retire it to the farm and was in the market for a new lower mile one and found one with a plow and thought that i could make some extra money.