1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Need Help and cheap as possible!! 97 ram 1500 plow setup

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by Nascar Fan, Oct 18, 2006.

1. Nascar Fan

Nascar Fan Senior Member

For all who remember me..HEY whats up???I have a 97 ram and need a plow.I can buy a new plow for $3400. installed, but I am about $3300 short,if you catch my drift. I am also thinking about putting a plow on the 4 wheeler instead,but it just seems crazy to load the four wheeler (yes it's 4x4) into a 4x4 truck and plow 4 different driveways anywhere from 20to 50 feet long,and 10 to 40 feet wide with a four wheeler.Hope all has been well with everyone and glad to be back into plowing,---- just need a plow!LOL!

2. jcesar

jcesar Senior Member
    from Mi

what kind you want? how big? how much?

3. Nascar Fan

Nascar Fan Senior Member

Dont really care as far as plow make.Size wise I have a 6.5' Fisher MM1 blade now,and if I had the plates and pump/headgear/wiring I would just use that,I realize that that is way small for this truck but I dont care at this point with my finances(or lack of) what it is.I just dont want to butcher the truck either.I have no room for a pump under the hood so I am not sure what else to do.

4. jcesar

jcesar Senior Member
    from Mi

I have an older plow setup. but the pump has to go under the hood, etc. If you can figure out how to do that, It will sell cheap!!! All of it is there. It came off an 89 Ford f250. Think it is a meyer. Have to check again. PM me, and I will let you know if I still have it all. I think it is all there.

5. Nascar Fan

Nascar Fan Senior Member

jcesar,Thanks for the help and info.My finances just went from bad to worse,my toilet just leaked out from the base and it looks like it's been doing it for a long time.It had a street 90 instead of a pressure 90 elbow.It is an upstairs bathroom and it took out the sheetrock below it that ruined my den room.behind the bath surround is rotted and junk and so is all of the floor and vanity in the bathroom.I called my insurance company but because I had a claim for $1200.for water damage on my garage---$1200. two years ago I was advised tthat this carrier may do the same thing as far as a non renewal later.$1200,is pocket change for an insurace company-not me-- but nonetheless if I had known that they were going to not renew my policy 8 months later I wouln't have called them the first time and don't want to chance it again for a non renewal.I am stuck with it for now and will get on my feet someday.I just don't want to hold you up from selling it to someone who may need it and you from getting some cash.Thanks so much again,and I am sorry for any inconvience this may have caused you or anyone else.
    have a good day,God bless,
    Tom Wolfe AKA Nascar fan.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2006
  6. jcesar

jcesar Senior Member
    from Mi

Stroke of bad luck. Cheer up man. It will get better. Anyways, the plow is not for sale locally. If you need it I will sell it for a couple hundred. Just sitting there. so let me know if you get on your feet. By the way, I am a Contractor, so if you need help with a project, let me know and I might be able to give some advice. Good luck.

7. NoFearDeere

NoFearDeere PlowSite.com Addict

It all depends on your situation but some banks will give you a "equipment" loan (thats what they call it here!) Very reasonable rates and terms. You might check that route. And look around some and you could stumble on a good used plow! Good Luck!

8. Nascar Fan

Nascar Fan Senior Member

Thanks for the input,advice and well wishes.I really appreciate it.I am going to give up on it and try to come up with something later if at all.I will still be lurking around and helping with some of the mechanical stuff people need.Again a heartfelt thank you and good luck in the future season.

Thanks again.
    Tom