1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

need help adjusting smartlight2

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by markh49, Nov 23, 2010.

1. markh49

markh49 Junior Member

hello i just got a v plow put on my 09 chevy 2500 and i need to adjust the lighting they are to low when the blade is in the up position the blade is blocking the light i look in the manual it has nothing on how to move the light i went to boss web sight same thing cant find any info on the smartlight 2 on there web sight can anybody help thanks

2. zjm

zjm Senior Member

Go back to boss home page click on service center at top of page,then click on manuals on left side of page,check your serial # and open up the installation manual plow for the one you have you'll see that there is a headlight aiming procedure in there.Hope that helps

3. markh49

markh49 Junior Member

yes i have that but that doesnt tell you how to lossen the light to be able to do that

4. zjm

zjm Senior Member

Can't help ya then,i don't own one yet!
    But i will very soon.
    Sorry

5. markh49

markh49 Junior Member

thanks anyways its my first boss i have a myers on my f250 what a differnce in plows

6. zjm

zjm Senior Member

Happy with it or un-happy?
    It would be my first boss also, looking at 9-2 poly vxt.

7. zjm

zjm Senior Member

try using "search this forum" in boss plows section,there are a few good ones in there.
    Are you trying to adjust them up or down?

8. markh49

markh49 Junior Member

so far very happy with it ill know more when it snows lol i need to adjust them to be higher

9. zjm

zjm Senior Member

Did ya try the search yet?

10. markh49

markh49 Junior Member

yes i did i put in adjusting smartlight 2 nothing showed but my post lol

11. zjm

zjm Senior Member

just put in "adjust boss light"
    I think youll find what your looking for
    a post by hulk2184

12. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

Is this a brand new plow or brand new used to you? The double studded ones you have to loosen both bolts and then make your adjustments accordingly. They are kind of tricky though, you need to go higher than normal and as you tighten it they will lineup. Otherwise a different way to do so with this same style light is loosen the 4 bolts holding the bar on that the lights bolts to (these bolts are bolted to where the light tower comes up) and then turn the whole thing upwards then retighten the 4 bolts. I am not 100% sure how to do the newest style.

13. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

Are these the latest series of lights. If they are then they are held on by a bracket. There are 4 bolts under the bracket holding the light on. There is also 1 bolt on the end of the bracket that attaches it to the light bar. Loosen all 5 bolts but don't take them out. Loosen them enough to allow you to move the light. Move the light to where you need it and tighten up the bolt on the end first and then tighten the other 4 bolts. Hope that made sense.

14. markh49

markh49 Junior Member

thank you zjm i put in that search i will try that tommorrow

15. markh49

markh49 Junior Member

it a brand new plow not used thank you for the help cet