1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Need help adapting plow from Chevy to Ford!

Discussion in 'Residential Snow Removal' started by OMureebe, Jan 6, 2004.

1. OMureebe

OMureebe Junior Member
    from CT

I picked up from a friend a Fisher Speedcast plow that was on a mid-80's Chevy 1500. $0 means the price was right. Now.... I have an 89 F-150 with the quad-link front suspension, front and rear sway bars, 300-6, 4-spd manual.

So I figure the hard part is to locate the frame mount that would fit my Ford and be golden. But what I am finding is that I can't find one? Does anybody know where I could locate these? Is there more (outside of pump brackets and spring airbags) that would be needed???

This is just for my driveway and maybe some other light duty plowing.

Thanks!
    Omar

2. gt_racer50

gt_racer50 Senior Member
    from Ohio

check with your local plow repair shop, you would be surprised at what some of those guys have laying around.

3. tvpierce

tvpierce Senior Member
    from Maine

There's a place up here in Maine (in Bangor) that sells new & used Fisher equipment... they might have what you need. (and they ship -- but these are likely to be heavy)

PM me if you want the contact info.

Also, the installation instructions for your truck are on Fisher's web site at this link:

http://www.fisherplows.com/publications.asp?cat=111

Good luck.

Jeff Pierce