1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Need help adapting Fisher MM to 2001 Ram

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by cnybill, Feb 8, 2009.

1. cnybill

cnybill Junior Member

I had a 95 Ram 2500 w/ Fisher Minute Mount HD until the auto trans blew up. I pulled the push plates off and, with the help of an acetylene torch and angle grinder, it looks like I can adapt them to fit my 2001 Ram 1500. I'll have to either cut the 8 Ft blade down or swap it for a smaller one because of the weight but what I'm having real trouble with is the original belt driven pump. It doesn't look like the 2001 has any way to mount the pulley on the crank to drive it. Does anyone have any ideas on using an electric pump in its place? Is there an aftermarket alternative? All suggestions appreciated. Thnx.

2. justme-

justme- 2000 Club Member

Wow, you had a straight hydraulic on a 95?!
    I would suggest, seriously, selling the setup you have and buying a SEHP or Insta-act system instead- in the size you need instead of trying to cut down (trip edge will make that a bear of a project). There are electro-hydraulic underhood-ish systems, but they're probabily not worth the hassle.
    You'll most likely be almost even swap when all is said and done yours for a SEHP system.

however they do make dual pulley pulleys when you have a situation where you need to runa V belt off a serpentine engine- search the web for onboard welder and onboard air resources- that's the most common application.

3. mikeyfff1011

mikeyfff1011 Member

your 2500 should handle the 8' blade no problem

4. cnybill

cnybill Junior Member

RE:Need help adapting MM1 to 2001 Ram

Thanks for the input. I know I would be better off getting a newer lighter weight system for the 2001 Ram 1500 but since it's just for my own driveway and the occasional neighbor ( I don't plow commercially) the cost is a little prohibitive. Any idea on what my present system might be worth?

5. justme-

justme- 2000 Club Member

I've seen used MM systems for under $2000, often around $1700 near me.
    Gotta check the classifieds sections. locally.

6. cnybill

cnybill Junior Member

RE: adapt plow

Thanks. Think I'll post it and see if anyone's interested. If not I can adapt it for next year.