1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

need help 810 lowers when I hit the raise button

Discussion in 'Blizzard Plows Discussion' started by 1smoknz, Dec 7, 2011.

1. 1smoknz

1smoknz Junior Member
    from 53523

I have a 1st addition 810 one of the first ones they made. Just got the plow on a 2003 ford f-350, both are new to me. When I hit the raise button in the cab the plow lowers and undoes the power hitch, but the lower button works normal as does the float. The power hitch switch on the plow seems to be working correctly Any Ideas or help would be greatly appreciated. A phone call would be awesome 608-289-1568 I will make it worth your time. As they say in the business time is money. Also I tried a new controller in the cab and tried a new harness between the truck and the plow. Thanks Aaron

2. beam

beam Senior Member
    from pa

check the flow control might be too loose not building pressure check the large solenoid #6 i think pull out valve and make sure it is not stuck open

3. fci

fci Senior Member

I would check the power attach switch on the plow unplug and check for corrosion. Does the angle and wings work properly.

4. 1smoknz

1smoknz Junior Member
    from 53523

Worked on it for hours today, everthing else works good. Switch is new. hooked up another truck to my plow and it did the same thing. Hooked my truck to differant plow and worked great. Deffitnly in my plow. Have spare selinoids trying them then I will check valves. Still open to suggestions. Beam I will try your advice thanks

5. babs2972

babs2972 Junior Member

I agree with the flow control that you adjust for the drop speed.

6. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Could poss. Be the diode pack on the plow. Check those with a meter.

7. fastjohnny

fastjohnny Senior Member

No flow control on first addition.

8. fci

fci Senior Member

Have you tested the solenoids S6 and S7 for magnetism? and double check the wiring connections.

9. 1smoknz

1smoknz Junior Member
    from 53523

pretty sure not the diodes, put on a new harnes between truck and plow. thnx

10. fastjohnny

fastjohnny Senior Member

Since this plow is new to you, I'd start by verifing correct solenoids on valves:
    s5 orange/black
    s6 white
    s7 orange/white
    s8 orange/red

11. 1smoknz

1smoknz Junior Member
    from 53523

I did check for magnatism on 5 6 7 and 8 and all worked good and in the rite order. There is no cut or spliced wires, but had to check using the power switch on plow.

12. dieselss

The diodes are in the plow side harness. Should be the black taped bundle by the harness and vavle body on the plow.

13. 1smoknz

1smoknz Junior Member
    from 53523

fastjohnny, I will verify correct wire colors in the correct place. thanx

14. 1smoknz

1smoknz Junior Member
    from 53523

Not the diods I replaced that whole harness from the truck plug to switch and up to selonoids

15. beam

beam Senior Member
    from pa

check the valves

16. babs2972

babs2972 Junior Member

I just worked on mine last night and got it working finally.

Mine was the left angle which is the right piston push and left piston relief ( right and left sitting in truck) S3 for the left angle (right piston) and S4 for the right angle.

I went from the electrical harness from truck to the plug all the solenoids plug into to the solenoid and finally to the valve itself. It is a 7/8" deepwell socket after you take off the solenoid.

I cleaned out the ports on the valve and had a spare solenoid that i inserted the valve in and put the nut on it, took it to my truck battery and then energized the solenoid.

The valve was a little sticky but with a couple shots of cleaner it worked. Put it back in and it works great. Thumbs Up

17. dieselss

That's great. Cheap easy fix. Thanks for letting us know.

18. 1smoknz

1smoknz Junior Member
    from 53523

Fastjohnny, thanks for the wire color to selonide placement, they were in the wrong order plus one bad valve. Your idea fixed the problem Thank you to everybody else that gave suggestions I feel like I got a crash course in plow fixing. It was all very helpful, but it did open a new can of worms I will be posting that question next.