Snow Plowing Forum banner

need help 6.0 deisel

2K views 11 replies 7 participants last post by  dieselss 
#1 ·
my father has a 2003 ford f-450 6.0 with a sealcoat tank on it. my brother put $40 worth of fuel in this morning and was running the truck all day. during the day started to run alil crappy. just found out my brother thinks he put gas in the truck :confused:. any suggestions on how to fix this problem? would appreciate any quick replies as we need this truck to do our work. thanks

#2 ·
Get all of the fuel out of the tank and put in fresh diesel and a ton of diesel additive. If gas went in it, it should have started to run crappy pretty quick.

#3 ·
Banksy;1487090 said:
Get all of the fuel out of the tank and put in fresh diesel and a ton of diesel additive. If gas went in it, it should have started to run crappy pretty quick.
it deff was runnin crappy by the end of the day. we plan on getting all the gas out my dads just worried it already did damage to the motor

#4 ·
Your not Gunna do that much damage. Just drain the tank and refill with diesel.

#6 ·
dieselss;1487096 said:
Your not Gunna do that much damage. Just drain the tank and refill with diesel.
Agreed, I have had drivers run 50 or so miles after they added 15 or 20 gallons of gas to a diesel tank (50 gallon tanks and we never let them go below half) before they notice or realize a problem. Drain the tank and refuel with fresh diesel

#7 ·
Well I took my brother to the gas station he was at he remembered grabbin a green nozzle at the pump and he thought the other nozzle sittin there was yellow. By last night he was thinkin the yellow was diesel and green was gas but accedently grabbed green. So went to the station this mornin and it was green for diesel black for gas he swore he grabbed green. So we think its just some ****** fuel. Changed the fuel filters had some crap in them ran alil better. Were drivin it now and now seems rough at idle doesn't sound right. My father called ford they said but some cleaner in it run it towards empty and fill with fresh fuel he thinks its just some **** in the fuel

#9 ·
if you got crap fuel make sure to talk to the station and get reembursed for your filters

#10 ·
Well if it happened to be gas then it might be injectors. The Ford 6.0 relies on HPOP to lube the injectors. Gasoline will not provide the extra lubrication that diesel will. On my 6.0 the day I bought it the dealership accidentally put gas in it. A week later six injectors went. Hoping the best that it was just bad fuel.

#11 ·
The hoop only fires the injectors. The fuel is what lubricates the internals,, not oil

#12 ·
Stupid auto correct,,,, the hpop fires the injectors. Only fuel is inside lubing the internals

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.