1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

need help 2002 fisher to 2012 chevy

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by szxjw3, Oct 19, 2012.

1. szxjw3

szxjw3 Junior Member

I purchased a 2012 chevy 2500hd and I am trying to install the wiring harness from a 2002 model. I know I need to install 7192 push plates but when I look it up on the fisher web site E Match says I need a 3 port isolation mod. The 2002 plow has a 4 port mod. Do I need to change it or can I stay with the 4 port mod? do I have to change the 2 wiring harness's coming from port 3 and 4 or do they make a adapter? I called the local fisher dealer here and he said its not worth updating. it would be about 2600.00 to make the old plow work.He also said the 4 port mod would damage the computer in the truck. Is the right? Need help. Thanks Ron

2. unhcp

unhcp PlowSite.com Addict

You will need the 3 port module and a new headlight kit, so ports 3/4 will need to be changed

3. brad96z28

brad96z28 PlowSite.com Addict

And the dealer is full of crap there is no difference in the 3 to 4 port modlues other then the blue soft start for ford.They do not make the headlight harness for that truck for 4 por tmodules for that truck you will need what is previously posted. All brand new parts list for 1500 and dealers usually get a highprice of 500 to install. That dealers is still in left feild with a golf club. Buy the module headlight harness and push plates install it yourself for about $850.

4. nealybird

nealybird Senior Member

yea, $2600 is way too much. and there are harnesses for 4port modules for the new chevy's (28242 and 28244), along with 28027-2 and 29420 adapters. however the green label module that you have should be wrong, you need the white label one, but there are some people on this forum that say it works. We've never tried it here. so I've always figured going with the newer 3port module and the 29400-5 harness kit, which should be about $300 for both new. getting the 28242, 28244, 28027-2 and 29420 wouldn't be much less anyway.

5. szxjw3

szxjw3 Junior Member

I purchased the 29499 headlight harness and a 3 port module but the harness has a lot more wires on the module side. It has a B plug , C plug, fuse plug and 3 other 2 prong plugs that I can't identify. Also the headlight side has a connector marked 29498. I assume the B and C plug into the module that I have not reeceived yet.