1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

need help 2000 Ram

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by ramrod98, Aug 22, 2006.

1. ramrod98

ramrod98 Member
    from NEPA

i have a 2000 dodge ram 5.2 engine. truck started and then dieed out this morning. fuel pump is not working. where is the fuel cutoff switch located on this truck. I checked the relay and it seems good. Truck will start with starting fluid. i am sure the pump is not coming on. I want to check the cutoff switch before pulling the gas tank. Any help would be appreciated. thanks in advance

2. KenG

KenG Senior Member
    from MA

There is no cut-out switch (like Ford likes to use) in your Ram.

If you jump the ralay, check for a solid power and ground at the fuel pump module connector. If you have good power and ground, but the pump doesn't operate, the pump module is bad.
    If either power or ground isn't there, something else is wrong (wiring, etc.).

There should be 4 wires in the connector. The 2 thicker ones are for the pump. The 2 thinner ones are for the fuel level sending unit.

3. ramrod98

ramrod98 Member
    from NEPA

thanks

thanks for getting to me on this. i have already replaced the fuel pump. the pump was the problem. I did have power back to the old pump and went ahead and purchased a new one for 214.00. I took the old pump out of the gas tank and tried it. It would not work with power to it. thanks again for getting an answer to me. I had thought that all new vehicles had the cutoff switch. you are correct in saying that this dodge doesn't, as i had called and asked the dealer early this morning when they opened.