1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

NEED HELP - 1979 Ford F-250 w/Meyer plow

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by Firefytr29wfd, Mar 2, 2007.

1. Firefytr29wfd

Firefytr29wfd Junior Member

I am in need of some help. I recently purchased a Meyer conventional 7.5' plow for my 79 F-250. It was an eBay auction, and was stated to come with all mounts for a 79 F-250. It came with all mounts, except that the lower frame mount was Sawzall'd off and it only came with the crossbar, no side brackets. The upper mount/hoop is correct and intact, just the undercarriage mount was cut off.

What I am in search of is someone who has a 77 1/2 to 79 F-250 4x4 with a Meyers plow who could take a picture of their frame mounts so I have some reference when I go to build my mounts.

Thanks in advance for any help.

~Jason

2. plowbabe

plowbabe Member
    from Midwest

I could email you the parts break down if it would help.

Babe

3. Mudman78

Mudman78 Senior Member
    from NJ

It's not the greatest picture in the world, but I hope it helps.

[​IMG]

4. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Here's an exploded image of your mount......

Last edited: Mar 5, 2007
  5. Firefytr29wfd

I have the parts breakdown from Meyer, I am looking to find pictures of the mount on a truck so I can see exactly how & where it is mounted and what angles everything works at. Thanks for all the help.

6. Mudman78

Mudman78 Senior Member
    from NJ

Is this better?

[​IMG]

7. Firefytr29wfd

Thanks for the help. That appears to be either a F150 or Bronco.

Thats the shot I am looking for, but on a F-250. The F250s have leaf springs exactly where the mount in that picture mounts, so I dont know if the same mount style will work.

8. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

The F150/Bronco mount is definitely different than the F250/F350 mount. The image I posted previously is the F250 mount though.

9. Firefytr29wfd

Thanks, I have the same picture on the install instructions from Meyer. I just need to see a picture of an actualy truck so I can build a new mount for the truck.

Either that, or if anyone has a used frame mount for a F250/F350 that they would like to get rid of?