1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Need help 01 F150 4.6L

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by StoneDevil, Jan 14, 2008.

1. StoneDevil

StoneDevil Senior Member

After i just had a tune up at pep boys (12-29-07-or 850 miles ago ) my truck this morning while driving west bound on I70 starts spurttering at 65 mph.plus the check engine light flashes about 40 times and shut off. now it did this 4 times in the hour it takes me to get to work . now I'm thinking bad COP or water in fuel any ideas or just go back to pep boys
  2. tim096

tim096 Senior Member
    from wny

I would bet money you have a bad cop. the cel flashes because of a misfire (damage to the cat. conv.) I would get it fixed asap if you drive it to long it will damage your cats, and they are not cheap. If you got access to a scan tool ck for codes.You mostly have a missfire code po300-p0308 the last # will tell you the cylinder ithat missing . replace that cop
  3. DJ Contracting

DJ Contracting PlowSite.com Addict

Run it by an Advance Auto or Auto Zone and have it scaned for codes then take it to who ever tuned it up.
  4. StoneDevil

StoneDevil Senior Member

Update took it back to pepboys the truck has the following code P0302 was told its a misfire #2 clyinder. they tried replacing coil and plug but still misfires, could it be bad gas, clogged injector umm,,,
  5. StoneDevil

StoneDevil Senior Member

thanks DJ, Tim go advice i will be going to my local dealer which i allways goto for work .only thing they dont do for me is oil changes i have a place that cheaper. but i allways get good service from the dealer. this is twice now that pepboys have not fixed anything i took to them..

KATTRANSPORT Senior Member

Your problem lies in the first 6 words of your sentence. Pep Boys is full of flunky's who coulent diagnose a hole in there a$$ with 2 arms and a flashlight. Get to the dealer. Could be a coil connector, injectoror, etc. Stop letting pep boys throw uneducated darts at your expense