1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

need hel please read!!

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by TorontoTN, Sep 21, 2005.

1. TorontoTN

TorontoTN Junior Member
    from Toronto

Hi my question is ...how much is on going market rate for snowplowing per hour!!! thanks to any replies

2. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

Are you planning to plow for someone or are you trying to price a contract?

3. Vaughn Schultz

Vaughn Schultz PlowSite.com Addict

what type of truck/blade do you have?

4. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

Ya, without knowing the answers to the questions above its hard to know.

5. TorontoTN

TorontoTN Junior Member
    from Toronto

Thanks for replies

I have a 2000 GMC Truck with weston blades I hope that helps....yae i am trying to put together a quote but having hard times....

6. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

If you want to give me a little more information I will do my best to help you. It would most likely be an all inclusive price(plowing and salting and sidewalks).

7. TorontoTN

TorontoTN Junior Member
    from Toronto

?????

mainly gonna do few commercial and stick some residential ....parking lot sidewalk entrance basically full service salting and etc.....hope somebody can mention some numbers!!

8. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

I am going to say that $100/month for residential, this includes the front walk would be close. That is a normal 20'x50' driveway.

For commercial, $125/hour times 20 nights out. Salting if you are using bulk through a V box salter would go for $150/ton with a $80 minimun. You will salt around 40 times if you are looking to get it to bare pavement all the time.

Sidewalks are going to depend on how much you need or how much you are paying the helped. Are you allowed to put salt on the sidewalks or do you need a special ice melt to protect the concrete?

9. TorontoTN

TorontoTN Junior Member
    from Toronto

okay

i am going to be using salt.......and also going out with 2 helpers ....in my quote i paid my selfe 30 an hour and 15 for the helpers per hour .....12 nights out thats what somebody suggested me to go with...hope i ll learn this fast ...seems i am going the wrong way...????