1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Need height for a custom classic mount and another measurement please

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by mrwolf, Nov 9, 2012.

1. mrwolf

mrwolf Senior Member

I am fabbing a custom classic mount for my 01 cherokee as a baack up and just need to know how far from the ground to the bottom of the mount (where the eyes are but lets just say to the bottom edge to make it easy). Also how much clearence do you guys have from the very front of the eyes to anything above like bumper or grill?

Thanks much,

Z

2. Mems

Mems Senior Member
    from Maine

Ill get the measurements for you when I get home. It shouldnt be more than 6"'s or so but ill get a definitive number.
    As for the how far away it is from the bumper, thats all going to depend on how far you suck it back under the truck. I put mine so that when looking at it from the side, it is in line with the frame/front bumper which allows for enough articulation of the blade so it doesnt hit something but at the same time its not stuck out of the front 2'

3. mrwolf

mrwolf Senior Member

I sure appreciate it. That is exactly why I wanted to know on how far out front. I want it as tight in as possible. So you are saying forward most part of the holes even with the bumper? I am of course talking about the pin mounting holes that will be permanant.

6" sounds awful low for the mount as far as height from ground but I sure am not the expert thats why I asked. Thanks again!

Z

4. fordsuvparts

fordsuvparts Senior Member

5. fordsuvparts

6. mrwolf

mrwolf Senior Member

OLD style :)

Yes it is the old one.

Z

7. fordsuvparts

Ok give a little while and I will see if I can find it. I built one last year to fit an Isuzu NPR dump truck we had.

8. fordsuvparts

Ok the correct height should be around 10 1/2 to the center of the hole.

If you look at the bottom of the picture it will tell you 10 1/2"

9. mrwolf

mrwolf Senior Member

Thank you! if I tuck it even to the front of the forward most metal with the bumper will that be an issue?

Thanks so much!!!

Z

10. fordsuvparts

You need to mock this up with the plow pinned to the mount so that you can get the heights correct and the angle of it correct. I would remove your front bumper to give you some room to work. Also have the pump mounted so that you can get it lined up as well.

11. mrwolf

mrwolf Senior Member

Thats what I will do tomrrow. I can use clamps to mock it upo. Your measurements are a huge help as a starting point though!

Z

12. fordsuvparts

Let me know if you have any other questions. I can send you a private message with my cell number.

13. mrwolf

mrwolf Senior Member

Update. Anyone have any good pics of a custom classic all put together with the light bar etc? This would really help me. A couple side/under pics would help. Feel free to txt them to 317-417-zero78nine

Thanks,

Z

14. Mems

Mems Senior Member
    from Maine

Just a heads up. I also measured albeit late to the game and i was at 10"'s. So anywhere in that general region should work. Im having a ******* of a time finding someone that can cut 1/2 steel but when i do ill give ya a photo. I can give you a photo of what im currently running but its kinda embarrassing, although does work out very well. 3 years no issues.

15. mrwolf

mrwolf Senior Member

Thanks! Now if I can figure out how the pump/light hoop mount in relation to the lower piece I will be golden :)

Z

16. jasonv

jasonv PlowSite.com Addict
    from kannada

You can't find someone to cut 1/2 inch steel??? Try a sawzall with a metal blade, or a crappy old skilsaw with an abrasive disk (don't use a good new one because the grindings will cut its life short), or an angle grinder with a THIN disk (same as you'd put in a skilsaw, be careful with an angle grinder, they can catch and kick like a bi**h), or an $80 metal cut-off saw with an abrasive disk. Or a torch.