1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

need headlight harness adapter

Discussion in 'Blizzard Plows Discussion' started by frankieavalanch, Feb 16, 2012.

1. frankieavalanch

frankieavalanch Junior Member
    from canada

I have a 2005 blizzard plow taken off a 2005 chev4x4 silverado.I have it installed on a 2011 gmc 2500HD. My problem is the head light harness adapters will not fit the 2011, the harness has 4 relays. Does anyone know if their is an adapter harness that will make this fit the 2011 many thanks

2. lilweeds

lilweeds PlowSite.com Addict

No and they don't make a mount for it either.

3. frankieavalanch

from canada

i made the old mount work

4. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

No they didn't. The ph1 stopped in 07? So nothing for your new truck. Sorry. Maybe just make one

5. frankieavalanch

from canada

ive been thinking on making it fit .i could cut the ends of and put 2011 gmc ends on but have no idea where to get em . i guess that souds dumb to a lot of people but i guess thats what i am im a newbe with the lighting:dizzy:

6. damian

damian Senior Member

I would get a Truk Lite or other aftermarket plow light kit for about $110, and forget about the blizzard lights. they will bolt to your light bar and wire in separate from your truck lights controlled by a separate switch not to interfere with the vehicle lighting.just put you vehicle to park lights and switch on the plow lights.

7. frankieavalanch

from canada

I want to use the blizzard harness if i could as it plugs into the main harness for the blizzard plow the only difference is the 4 ends that plug into the hi&low beams . I just want to change the ends to fit the lights but not sure which ones to buy there is some on ebay pretty cheap but im not sure of the right ones they all look alike you would almost think the 2005 silverados would plug into the 2011 gmc,s until you try them they are real close to the eye but do not fit i just need to know what size to buy

8. dieselss

If you know what kinda bulbs they are, you can look for the connectors online. I can shoot you a link to factory connectors when I get to my laptop later if you want

9. frankieavalanch

from canada

thats would be great
    thanks

10. Sharpcut 1

Sharpcut 1 Senior Member

2012 Chevy should be H13 and HB4 headlight connectors. Your problem is your going to need extra relay's to shut off high and low beams at the same time. New chevy trucks have both lights on when you hit the brights. There was a kit for this for the 07 Chevy when PH1 was still available. Go to Blizzard.com and look up Literature, you should be able to find the kit #.

11. dieselss

I did not know that Sharp. Thx

12. frankieavalanch

from canada

Thank you Sharpcut 1
    i have a 2011 but likely the same i got this info from another site low beams are h11s high beams are 9005. I will look up the 07s many thanks

13. Sharpcut 1

Sharpcut 1 Senior Member

9005 should be HB3. H11 not 13 My bad.

Blizzard headlight kits 29279 and 29454 should work for you. They were only offered in 2007 with the new chevy truck and PH1. It gives you the extra instructions for the relays to shut the High and low off at the same time. Check your truck, the last 2011 I did had both the high and low on at the same time when you had the brights on the truck.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2012
  14. Sharpcut 1

Sharpcut 1 Senior Member

Actually 29454 is a kit with the headlight adaptors and the relay kit included. If you need one, I have one left, They are around $200.00, plus shipping. This will work with your existing Blizzard wiring harness.

29279 is a kit for extra relays if you have the clearance lights on your roof or turn signals in your mirrors. Good luck, JOHN

15. Sharpcut 1

Sharpcut 1 Senior Member

H11/HB3 headlights are shown for both 2007 and 2011, so adapttors should work from 2007 kit as long as your using Blizzard Power Hitch one harness off your 2005. Not sure about your daytime running light in Canada, if there is any difference with that.

16. frankieavalanch

from canada

many thanks Sharp
    would adapter kit 29454 have any instructions abut daytime running lights

17. frankieavalanch

from canada

finished wiring for lights last night as i stated earlier i modified a 2005 silverado 760lt blizzard to fit a 2011 gmc 2500. I am a welder so it took quite abit of mods to make undercarriage mount fit,but after a few tries i got it to work great .The wiring for the lights was a bit of research but with the help of this site and the help from other members i used the 2005 light harness with the following adapter kits=h13 to hb-3&h11 light conversin kit,relay kit with 2 more relays 29453,and park/turn relay supplementarykit 29279. The instructions in these kits make it fairly easy.Everything worked great first try .The only problem i had was when i shut the ingnition off with the plow lights on only the right side stayed on momentarily so i have to go over the instructions in the 29453 relay kit.I enjoyed doing this but would not have been possible without this site .Our blizzard dealer only sold plows for 2 years and the closest dealer is over 350 miles away phone calls got me know where execept long distance charges. The dealers want to make money thats why they sell plows so what i was doing wasen,t going to give them much profit but anyway if i can help anyone out there just post and i will answer your questions .When i take off the undercarrige in the spring i will take pic.s if anyone would like them just shout. Agian many thanks to the fellow members for there help and the site for the research
    tymusic